Change

Bugalet's Mod Application (2012, Ignore Now)

Discussion in 'Mod Applications' started by CinderNeo, Sep 30, 2012.

1. CinderNeo

CinderNeo Old Timer

Your Minecraft Username: Bugalet

Why do you want to be a mod: I would like to be a mod because as the server grows, more mods will be needed to keep the server from being a whole bunch of griefed houses. I would also like to become a mod because Zeldacraft is my favorite server and has been for a long time.

Do you have a good understanding of the commands a mod uses: Yes I do. For example, if I found a house that was griefed I would use coreprotect to find out who did it and repair the damage. To do so I would do the command /co inspect to find out who did and how long ago they did it.

Will you be responsible, calm, mature, and trustworthy: I shall and promise especially to not abuse my powers if I am accepted. I know I can get a little angry or frustrated but If I become a mod I am sure I will melow and never get angry.

Someone's house has been griefed, what do you do?: I would go up to the scene and, using coreprotect, Find what they did wrong. First off I would do the command /co inspect and click on the block or blocks that were griefed, as coreprotect logs all data of the blocks. It then would tell me who did it and how long ago they did it. If it was not a serious grief, and it was their first time, I would either mail them if they are offline and warn them. If they are online I would give a friendly warning in private chat. If it was second offense, of course depending on how serious it was, I would consider jail time for the user, maybe a temp-ban for an hour or so. If it was their third time I would consider a temp-ban all the way up to a permanent ban. To undo a grief, do /co rollback u:[Fred]t:[time]r:[the radius of the grief] to ban a player do /ban Fred. However I know that permanent bans are used only when necessary. To temp-ban someone, you do the command /tempban Fred 3000, which would temp-ban him or her for 5 hours. (Im using fred as an example :) )

Some users are arguing, what do you do?: In this situation I would warn them both to stop. If they continued I would warn them again or possible mute if they were starting to swear. If they were continuing either on signs or if they were not muted I would consider some jail time for them. To jail a player, you type /jail Fred prison 240 which means they would be jailed for four minutes. To mute a player you type /mute Fred. This would make it so the player could not chat in the chat bar.

A user is hurling abusive language at you, what do you do?: I tell them to stop and warn them. If they continue I mute them or possibly jail them. If they continue even more, I jail them and consider a temp-ban.

Someone enters another person's house without their permission, what do you do?: If I catch them entering their house, I tell them to please get out and never do it again. If they do it again or they defy me, I warn them a second time, possibly jail them for a few minutes. If they keep doing it, I jail them and possibly temp-ban them.

I love Zeldacraft and would be honored if I could become a mod to the server. Thank you for reading this application and if you like it I would thank you for saying yes.

Commands of a mod( I am using the Fred example again :p)
    /mute Fred
    /jail Fred prison 300 the time varies depending on how long they need to be in jail.
    /unjail Fred
    /tempban Fred 300 Again the time varies.
    /ban Fred Only use this in Extreme cases
    Coreprotect Commands
    /co inspect
    /co rollback Fred [time] [radius] time and radius depend

Fred is apparently a bad player :p

I will keep studying these commands and get them committed to memory.

Thank you for reading,
    Bugalet

Mergu likes this.
  2. Chilli_Axe

Chilli_Axe Hylian Citizen

It's a very nice app, and you seem to have the type of personality that is sought for future Mods.
    I'm holding out until some more opinions arrive here, but until then this is my response.
    App vote: PROBABLY

3. CinderNeo

CinderNeo Old Timer

Thank you Chilli_Axe :D

4. Zackinblack

Zackinblack God of Hyrule

But you would be a good mod but 5 mins lost my mind lol but ill say yes to it cause its that mistake just dont do 5mins you jail them for 5mins if its a small grief and there,online

5. CinderNeo

CinderNeo Old Timer

Thanks zack :D

6. Guttingamer

Guttingamer Triforce Sage

"I know I can get a little angry or frustrated but If I become a mod I am sure I will melow and never get angry."

Points for being honest :3. However, you really should demonstrate this before becoming a mod.

"/tempban Fred 300, which would temp-ban him or her for 5 hours."

I know Zack already mentioned this, but it's five minutes, not 5 hours...

What is good is that I really didn't notice any major flaws within this application, so good job! :D
    The thing is that I really don't know you all too well, so I really wouldn't know how mature or immature you really are. Just based on this app alone, you seem mature enough to be a moderator. The app is lengthy, just the way I like it. I suggest you work on your grammar, though.

App Vote: YES.

7. CinderNeo

CinderNeo Old Timer

Yeah thanks gut and for the advice! Ill change it now.

8. MisumiKaos

MisumiKaos Lost One Lux

5 hours would be /tempban (whoever it is) 18000 as it's in seconds, but otherwise good app. I know coming up with those big numbers can be a bit of a chore cometimes, so I find it handy to keep a Calculator window open for stuff like that (or otherwise a real calculator on my desk if I ever find the silly thing...)
    Other than that, no complaints here. It's a good, straightforward app, and I still see you on quite a bit. I vote YES.

9. CinderNeo

CinderNeo Old Timer

Thank you so much!

10. Guttingamer

Guttingamer Triforce Sage

Actually, last night, I was tempbanning someone for two hours, and realized that /tempban (Bob) 2h actually works. So in this case it would be /tempban (Whoever it is) 5h

11. CinderNeo

CinderNeo Old Timer

ok thanks for the tips guys :D

12. gabocore

gabocore Olympus Lord

App vote: YES

CinderNeo likes this.
  13. CinderNeo

CinderNeo Old Timer

Thank you so much gabocore!!!!!!!

14. CinderNeo

CinderNeo Old Timer

Is it just mark left then?

15. gabocore

gabocore Olympus Lord

Normally mak doesn't vote, i will recommend you in the mod forum :)

16. CinderNeo

CinderNeo Old Timer

Ok thanks gab! :D Also, I like your photo :p

17. CinderNeo

CinderNeo Old Timer

Bumpity Bump.

18. CinderNeo

CinderNeo Old Timer

I subscribed to your youtube channel

19. gabocore

gabocore Olympus Lord

Thanks!!