Change

Vh0's Mod App

Discussion in 'Mod Applications' started by ZeldaFan, Apr 20, 2017.

1. ZeldaFan

ZeldaFan Hylian Hero

Your minecraft username: STLink
    Why do you want to be a mod: To help players that've been griefed and stop conflicts on the server. Not to mention that I'd like to actually make a contribution to the server in some way, and I believe I can do it through being a mod.
    Do you have a good understanding of the commands a mod uses:
    I have a good understanding. At least, that's what I think.
    Jailing Players
    Use /jail [username] [time]
    Example: /jail ncpearce 30
    Which would be jailing Nc for 30 seconds.
    To un-jail players; /unjail [username]
    Example: /unjail ncpearce
    Nc is free!

Muting Players

To mute players, the command would be /mute [username] [time]
    Example: /mute Vh0zon 60
    Which would mute me for a minute.

Bannng Players
    To temporarily ban a player, the command would be /tempban [username] [time]
    Example: /tempban Vh0zon 10800
    Which is basically banning myself for 3 hours.
    To ban a player for a looong period of time, it would be /ban [username]
    Example: /ban Vh0zon
    R.I.P Me

Fixing Griefs
    To see the player who griefed, I'd have to use /co inspect. While inspecting something, a block would need to be placed to see what was griefed, who griefed what was originally there, and how long ago the grief was .
    Moving onto rolling back the grief, the command is the following;
    /co rollback u:[username] t:[time] r:[radius]

Example: /co rollback u:Mergu t:7h r:10
    The time would be a number followed by "h" to indicate it as calling for an hour.
    The radius counts as the range of blocks which in this example is a 10 block radius, which would rollback everything in a 10 block radius.

Will you be responsible, calm, mature, and trustworthy: Yes, I've been on the server long enough to know how a mod should behave, and abusing power will no doubt get me demoted. I will do my best to be mature while handling a problem.

1. Someone's house has been griefed, what do you do?
    Make sure to teleport to the user who's been griefed and use /co inspect along with placing a block in the griefed space to check who griefed and for the time.

2. Some users are arguing, what do you do?
    Ask them to stop and try to resolve the situation. Maybe even ask what started it. If they continue, and on a more major extent, start throwing insults at each other, I will threaten to mute them.
    3. A user is hurling abusive language at you, what do you do?

/ignore. Nah jk. I'd ask them to stop at first and maybe ignore them. If it gets a bit out of hand I'll ask why they're ticked off to begin with. If it becomes a major problem, I'm sure a 5 minute mute would do. If not, maybe longer.
    4. Someone enters another person's house without their permission, what do you do?

Ask the offending player why they're in the house to begin with, and tell them to get out. If they don't comply, teleporting them out or a quick /jail would be done.

PicaroRob, Mergu, nasfi and 4 others like this.
  2. kenziebrown

kenziebrown Ginger

This app has the beginnings of something great, it just needs more. I advise you be much more thorough in your answers so we can get a better idea of what you're thinking. Getting to know you better as a person through this app would also be much appreciated as you don't want to make it seem like you're just filling out a worksheet and we need to know you very well to trust you enough with this position. It would be very nice to have a lot more detail (with steps) as to what exactly you would do in the last 4 situations given to you. Once sentence answers are not going to solve situations. Other then that you did a lot of things correctly: no grammar errors, followed the template, you've been around long enough, I believe you're trusted if I'm not mistaken, and you seem to understand the rules pretty well. I can also see that the reason you want mod is not really for your sake, but for the sake of others and that is precisely what we are looking for. Anyway, take what I said into account and maybe by next mod season you might have a better chance! nice one!

xDruidKittenx and ZeldaFan like this.