Change

Trappex's Mod App

Discussion in 'Mod Applications' started by Trappex, Jul 29, 2019.

1. Trappex

Trappex Deku Scrub

I've been with the server since around 2016 (I think) and would like to apply for Mod. I have been very active on the server recently and plan to continue to be active in the future.

My MC username is Trappex, my time zone is EST and I am 13 years old. I would like to be a mod on the server because I enjoy playing on it and helping players who need help and new players who need a better understanding of the rules. I also enjoy trying my best to help players with problems and glitches.

I can be very responsible, calm, mature, and trustworthy when it is needed for me to do so. (except for trustworthy and mature, I'd say I'm a very trustworthy and mature person all the time.)

I have a fairly good understanding of the commands a mod will have to use to help the server and everyone on it

• /ban (Username) bans the player listed permanently
    • /tempban (username) (time) bans the player listed for a certain amount of time listed after the username
    • /unban (username) unbans listed player, whether it was a perm or tempban
    • /jail (username) jail (time) freezes player listed for a certain amount of time
    • /unjail (username) unfreezes player listed from jail regardless of time in jail being reached or not
    • /co inspect will help you figure out who griefed/placed/broke blocks a certain block and how long ago the grief happened
    • /co rollback u:(username) t:(time) r:(radius) the username tells the command whose actions to undo, the time tells how long to rewind those actions, and the radius says what area of blocks around me to rewind said persons actions (it keeps other players actions while undoing the listed players)
    • /mute (username) (time) mutes player listed for a certain amount of time

If a player is using abusive language to me, I do four steps
    1. ask them to stop
    2. if they continue, warn them about the mute
    3. if they are still going, mute them for 5 mins
    4. if they keep going, I either mute them longer or ignore them depending on the situation

If a player enters another players house without permission from the owner, I:
    1. ask them to leave nicely
    2. if they do not leave, ask them if they are working on leaving while keeping a close eye
    3. if they are clearly not intending to leave, I warn them about jailing and other possible punishments
    4. jail them or tempban them if depending if any blocks are found broken, stolen, moved or placed

Thank you for reviewing this app (and hopefully saying yes) -Trappex

2. Trappex

Trappex Deku Scrub

This is the correct app, I apologize for posting it multiple times, it didn't show it going through on my end. hope this doesn't affect my chances.

3. Trappex

Trappex Deku Scrub

also forgot to put these things in: if a players house has been greifed, I would ask what blocks were altered, see who did it using /co inspect, then I would warn the player who did it if it was just placing 1-20 block, not taking any. tempban the player for a day if it was either breaking or placing over 40 blocks. tempban the player for 3 days for over 70 blocks, a week for 90, two weeks for 120, a month ban for 160, and perm for over 200 blocks. second offences are straight to perm if the previous one was past 90, and the current was the same or more.

If two users were arguing I would:
    first, ask them to stop, second, warn them about a mute, third, mute them both for five minutes, fourth, 20 mins, and fifth, mute them both for 40 minutes

4. Mac

Mac Animu Chiald

Hey, thanks for the application :3 I haven’t really heard of you so I did some digging, you barely interact with others on the Discord and you have little interactions with a variety of people online. To be a mod you need to be a friendly face, a person known by the server and respected.

Mods need to have a level of responsibility, you can show your skills by interacting with more staff memebers and a variety of people around the community.

The staff work as a team. Being on the staff team means being able to interact and work with the rest of the staff members. Getting to know the staff is very important for this to work smoothly. As of now, I can only speak for myself, but having to do research on an applicants personality and character means I don’t know you well enough to say you’d be good for the position.

Your knowledge on the needed commands is quite lacking. I know that it is not always an option for applicants to try the commands before being promoted and we are typically lenient about that. Your descriptions kind of seemed like a copy and paste of the website. I would suggest researching a bit more and making the wording more unique to your own writing. Your punishments are also kind of skewed. Some seem too harsh while others seem too relaxed. I would compare your app to current and previous mods applications while writing your own to get a better idea of the average punishments we use on the server.

For now Trappex I’m going to give you a no. I suggest you interact with more people online, and apply again in the future.

Also next time buddy, make sure you only post your good copy of the app. We don’t need four of the same apps in a row.

5. ayden425

ayden425 @TheMelonGod

Well, in short: No.

There's a few reasons why:

First of all: You're not exactly.. that present in the community. Sure, you're online quite a bit, and that's good! But that's not enough. Work on making a name for yourself! Make yourself known, make it so when I hear "Trappex" I don't go "Who?" but rather I say "Oh yeah, him! Yeah, he's great! Great in the community, super nice, kind, respectful, helpful, and just all around a really good guy." As of now I don't have that reaction. I'm not saying you're not those things, but if you are it's not all too known, and if you're considered a mod, it must be known.

Secondly: Your app seems.. odd. You seem to have a basic rundown of the commands (And there's a lot you don't have down in that regard, but you'll never really get those down unless you have them at your disposal, so we're a bit easy on that) but your punishments seems a bit strange. Sometimes you seen too lenient (like ignoring people who are causing social problems), or too strict (perm banning immediately on their second griefing offense). Just throws me off; both are fouls, but in different directions. Generally we don't ignore people that are causing social issues, nor do we perm ban on a second offense, unless both offenses were pretty serious. Work on that, and maybe refer to other previous successful mod apps to get an idea of what punishments should look like :).

Try to reflect on what I said. This no may seem a bit discouraging, but don't let it be. Use this as an opportunity to better yourself, and work on what I said. After that's done I'll be expecting another app from you :]

6. greenleeuw

greenleeuw Hylian Knight

im gonna say its a no from me too

the same reasons as ayden and mac perfectly stated above

have a nice day/night

7. nasfi

nasfi Soufla

It is also going to be a No from me as well. Simply the reasons mac and ayden stated; commands, punishments, making a name for yourself.

Oh and another thing. You've only been "active" for around a week. I don't say, it is active, but it's not "very active". I'd suggest keeping up the activity for a couple weeks/months, getting to know people from the community, make friends, be kind, and then go for it again. Also I'd highly suggest what mac said, take a look at apps from people who are already (or have been) mod and take an idea.

Thank you for applying

Last edited: Jul 29, 2019
  8. Ichikuro

Ichikuro Bow wow. I am dog.

I'm with the rest of the staff members, for all reasons noted. Especially getting to be "known" we like our staff to stay and help us continue to grow.

No for now though, thank you for applying and hope to see you around!

~Ichi