Change

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Discussion in 'Legend of Zelda Discussion' started by Beedle, Jun 14, 2016.

1. Beedle

Beedle Nautical Trader

GET HYPED

Marshall_Lee and GreyCollared like this.
  2. DCaff95

DCaff95 Triforce Disciple

We waited a long ass time!...worth. NX insta-buy for me haha

3. oevertjes

oevertjes Hylian Hero

So, i watched the stream so far and first of all, it looks gorgeous and just straight up amazing.

BUT

From what i've seen so far, it just doesn't feel like a Zelda game to me. And yes, Aonuma said that he was going to go into a completely new direction with Zelda and i think it's mostly me wanting to stay in the safe-zone of the Zelda gameplay of some of the greatest previous titles like OOT, ALTTP, LA and my favourite game out of all the games out there: Majora's Mask (I know Majora's mask was different too but it felt kind of the same with it having almost the same graphics as OOT, which basically defines Zelda for most people.) But Breath of the Wild just felt and looked like a RPG, with different weapons and gear, a gigantic world that you can explore with the ability to go everywhere immediately and it having kind of a modern touch. Don't get me wrong, I'll probably still buy a NX + this game asap but I can't accept the game as a Zelda game YET.
    (Also pls this is my opinion don't h8 thx)

Last edited: Jun 15, 2016
    vayanui8 and Beedle like this.
  4. DCaff95

understandable, it's nothing like the other games in terms of gameplay really. That's kind of what makes it so great though, I mean, we can friggin jump freely! XD they're gonna be showing off how it fits into the timeline I think in a few mins so maybe some story aspect there. It's been confirmed there will be full scale dungeons like we're used to, as well as trials that are mini puzzle and combat sections

Beedle likes this.
  5. Blue_MoonWolf

Blue_MoonWolf Hylian Hero

Breath of the Wild Is basically an HD remake of Zelda I
    Open world, little to no directions, discovery by mistakes, even the menus are similar.
    I love It.

6. PicaroRob

PicaroRob Triforce Sage

It's not a remake

Blue_MoonWolf likes this.
  7. Beedle

Beedle Nautical Trader

After watching the stream where they were playing it, this game actually sorta reminds me of uh... Cube World ._.

Or basically any other casual open-world RPG

oevertjes likes this.
  8. oevertjes

oevertjes Hylian Hero

Someone else gets me lol

9. ZeldaFan

ZeldaFan Hylian Hero

Kaui and RGEpicMrT like this.
  10. Blue_MoonWolf

Blue_MoonWolf Hylian Hero

I know It's not a remake of Zelda I
    But I'd like to think those two games share the most In common between every other Zelda game.

11. PicaroRob

PicaroRob Triforce Sage

And to those who don't look at this as a pure Zelda game....

...just because they're trying something so new doesn't mean that it is any less of a Zelda game. There are LOTS of significant changes to make overworld exploration absolutely magnificent. Even dungeons will remain the same, and we have tons of sub-dungeons as well.

ZeldaFan and Blue_MoonWolf like this.
  12. horcrux2007

horcrux2007 Beyonce

that name is kinda stupid

Beedle likes this.
  13. ZeldaFan

ZeldaFan Hylian Hero

Well you DO get to explore an overworld that has no boundaries.

14. PicaroRob

PicaroRob Triforce Sage

The name is okay, but why "Breath" of the Wild?

15. Niblit

Niblit Hylian Knight

It looks like Wind Waker and Twilight Princess had a child. Or at least, it's Wind Waker on land. A Zelda game where you can really adventure.

16. DCaff95

Because it sounds badass! Probably because you, as link are 'breathing' life back into the wild lands of hyrule. We saw the shiekah slate was used to resurrect those huge sword-like towers and I think the shrines too. The forgotten shiekah monuments of old are being reborn I guess

ZeldaFan likes this.
  17. PicaroRob

PicaroRob Triforce Sage

You're actually right about that

18. ZeldaFan

ZeldaFan Hylian Hero

They kinda mixed those two graphics together for Skyward Sword. But the graphics style is just amazing cell shaded. And the world size is approximately 12 times as big as Twilight Princess' overworld.

19. oevertjes

oevertjes Hylian Hero

are there even like towns and stuff that have not been terminated? I've seen the old man at the campfire and alot of camps, but no friendly towns.

Beedle likes this.
  20. Ichikuro

Ichikuro Bow wow. I am dog.

A Zelda game that isn't necessarily being played as the standard Zelda game it seems.

Well, it got me wanting to play it, thats for sure.

ZeldaFan and PicaroRob like this.