Change

The Gambler's Touch full book.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Sentinel_Baker!, Jul 12, 2014.

1. Sentinel_Baker!

Sentinel_Baker! The Gambler.

A lot of you know that I've been writing books on the server about the persona and sword that I created, known as "The Gambler's Touch". Well I've decided that I want to take it out of Minecraft and write it into a proper story, as opposed to a few 50 page Minecraft books. It's based in a world very similar to Eragon and Lord Of The Rings, so there are lots of Mystical creatures and races, magic, things like that. I have a few ideas already, but not too many. The story will include my character "The Gambler" as a contract killer, travelling to various kingdoms to kill his assigned targets for money, and then in one such kingdom, his job will be to assassinate the King. This will lead him to The Gambler's Touch, and I need ideas on where to go from there. I've already got the love story part I need, I've been working on that already xD What I want is for people to suggest possible things that could happen in these books, and any sort of plot devices they think would be good. I also need to give my character a more fantasy styled name, I can't call him The Gambler until he has the sword, so he needs a name before then. Usually when I write I just make it up as I go but I thought it'd be good to actually plan out a story for once. If people suggest things to me, I'll put them in the story when I write it, and I'll make sure to acknowledge everyone for any support they give me. Thanks for reading.

Benjehamaus and Ellebelle like this.
  2. horcrux2007

horcrux2007 Beyonce

It would be much more interesting if you came up with a more original premise because the whole "hitman killing the king" thing has been done quite a bit.

3. Sentinel_Baker!

Well in fairness, that's only part of the story, mostly because I had this idea about two years ago and that's how it's always been. I know it's a bit of a cliché, but that's part of it that I'm definitely keeping, after that I'm gonna avoid cliché storylines as much as I can.

4. horcrux2007

horcrux2007 Beyonce

That could work.

5. Sentinel_Baker!

I just like that part of the story, and I think it's a lot more realistic and better that I get it from a King, rather than finding it in a forest or some ancient temple or something xD

6. vayanui8

vayanui8 Senior Bracer

If you want the ultimate plot device just give the villain the powers of Aizen.

LunaEostre likes this.
  7. Sentinel_Baker!

I don't know who that is ._. I think I'm gonna have various big villains though, as opposed to one main villain and a few side ones.

8. horcrux2007

horcrux2007 Beyonce

Don't overload it with characters like Spider Man 3 did.

9. Sentinel_Baker!

Oh god no. The amount of vilains/ characters will be dependant on how long the story ends up becoming. If there are multiple vilains, they won't all be around at the same time.

10. Ellebelle

Ellebelle Hylian Knight

I do believe he's one of the primary villains from the Bleach anime and manga series ;)
    This guy I'm pretty sure:
    [​IMG]
    (This is who I'm guessing was suggested)

Sentinel_Baker! likes this.
  11. vayanui8

vayanui8 Senior Bracer

Aizen is the main villain of Bleach. His zanpakuto is the worlds best plot device.

12. horcrux2007

horcrux2007 Beyonce

I don't read all that mango you kids are into.

BlaBlaBloid likes this.
  13. BlaBlaBloid

BlaBlaBloid Carlton Danks

I recommend using a really cool, unique plot device to hook readers on it. And remember, avoid the Deus Ex Machina!

horcrux2007 likes this.
  14. horcrux2007

horcrux2007 Beyonce

I'm glad someone brought that up. I hate the fucking Jesus symbolism.

BlaBlaBloid likes this.
  15. Sentinel_Baker!

Someone explain to me what the Deus Ex Machina is? xD

16. horcrux2007

horcrux2007 Beyonce

All it is is unnecessary Christianity symbolism.

BlaBlaBloid likes this.
  17. Moveit77

Moveit77 Time Lord

18. Sentinel_Baker!

I would've googled it but my internet is so shit it takes me 10 minutes just to reload this page >.< I'm not gonna be putting any Christianity shit in this book, especially since I'm an Atheist xD The only time religion will be mentioned is if it's a Satanic cult or some twisted stuff like that xD

19. Benjehamaus

Benjehamaus The Hero of Legend

I'm offensive and I find that Christian

horcrux2007 and Sentinel_Baker! like this.
  20. vayanui8

vayanui8 Senior Bracer

deus ex machina isn't limited to religious symbolism. Its any figure/plot device that enters just to solve a problem that was impossible to solve before it existed