Change

Pirate's Mod Application

Discussion in 'Mod Applications' started by P1rat3b0y5, Feb 17, 2020.

1. P1rat3b0y5

P1rat3b0y5 Hylian Citizen

Hi, I'm Pirate, I've been playing for almost 7 years now, and I think I would be a great addition to the team.
    Disc User: P1rat3b0y5#5439
    Time Zone: US EST
    Simple Commands: /ban (user) (reason) /tempban (user) (reason) (time) /unban (user) (reason) /kick (user) /jail (user) (jail) (time) /ipban (user) (time (if necessary)) /mute (user) (time) /vanish (Invisible to SVIP and below.) /invsee (see in players inventory) /fly
    Yes, I will be calm, mature, responsible, and trustworthy.
    ____________________________________________________________________________
    Questions:
    A players house has been griefed, what do you do?
    First, I would use /co lookup to find the user that had griefed the build and to find the type and number of blocks that had been destroyed.
    Then, rollback the destroyed blocks and punish them accordingly
    1-5 blocks: little to no valuable blocks: 5-minute jail time. Valuable Blocks: 20-minute jail time.
    6-10 blocks: little to no valuable blocks: 20-minute jail time. Valuable Blocks: 1-hour ban.
    11-20 blocks: little to no valuable blocks: 2 hours of jail time. Valuable Blocks: 15-day ban
    21-30: Little to no valuable blocks: 15-day ban. Valuable Blocks: 120-day ban.
    31-40: Little to no valuable blocks: 60-day ban. Valuable Blocks: 6-month ban.
    41-50: Little to no valuable blocks: 180-day ban. Valuable: 1-year ban.
    51-60: Little to no valuable blocks: 6-month ban. Valuable: 1.5-year ban
    61-70: Little to no valuable blocks: 8-month ban. Valuable: permban
    71-80: Little to no valuable blocks: 1-year ban. Valuable: permban
    81-90: Little to no valuable blocks: 1.25-year ban. Valuable: permban
    91+: Little to no valuable blocks: permban. Valuable: permban
    ____________________________________________________________________________
    2 players are arguing, what do you do?
    First, I would try to calm them down, "______ and ______ please stop arguing over this topic." "Could you two stop arguing, its a disruption to the general talk of the server, and a little annoying."
    Then, if the argument continues, I'd have to mute them, and if they continue, mute and jail, both for 15 minutes.
    _____________________________________________________________________________
    Someone is hurling abusive language at you, what do you do?
    Calm them down, "I could understand your frustration, but yelling at me won't do anything. This is benefiting no one."
    If the problem persists, I'd have to mute them, then jail them, and then just wait it out. everyone gets mad at one point, and they will eventually calm down.
    ______________________________________________________________________________
    Someone enters another person's house without their permission, what do you do?
    Tell them to leave, "You aren't supposed to be in this person's house, please leave immediately."
    if they don't leave, send them to s1 spawn, if they have a home set there and/or return and refuse to leave, I'd jail them for 5 minutes, 15 minutes, 30 minutes, (keep repeating at 15 minutes) and ask "Will you leave the base?" at the end of every increase.
    _____________________________________________________________________________
    Thank you for keeping an open mind,
    Pirate.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2020
  2. nasfi

nasfi Soufla Staff Member

Your application is nicely detailed. From what I've observed your behavior has gotten a lot better, you're doing good steps. I like the way you gave both valuable and non-valuable prespective, though, punishments are a bit too harsh imo, and so are about question two and three. Personally I think it's best to try and solve the issue other than immediately warn them. One little thing is though that you're a bit young, some (myself included) would say too young. I'll let other staff comment before I come to a conclusion

3. greenleeuw

greenleeuw Hylian Knight Staff Member

hello pirate.

great app overall and your behavior has improved alot over the years
    me too feels like some punishments are a bid harsh. 51 blocks are not alot defintly not enough to perm ban someone.
    I too feel like you are a bid too young
    so my vote is a maybe and ill wait for more staff to reply to choice a final answer

4. P1rat3b0y5

3:15 PM EST I reread it myself, and made more reasonable punishment times.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2020
  5. Coolio723

Coolio723 Hylian Hero Staff Member

Overall, good application and I stillll think your punishments may be a bit harsh (could just be me though). Behavior definitely leaning in your favor, age not so much. Going to have to give you a maybe and overtime we'll see.

6. mrwobblers

mrwobblers Hylian Knight Staff Member

You've made a well put together app, you are pretty mature but still seem too young, and we currently have many moderators. My vote for now is a No.

nasfi likes this.
  7. P1rat3b0y5

5:15 PM EST Added extra commands that I wasn't aware weren't on the server until recently.