Change

Perish_Song's Moderator Application

Discussion in 'Mod Applications' started by PerishSong, Nov 24, 2017.

1. PerishSong

PerishSong Deku Scrub

Hi there!

My name is Stephanie, and even though I've been apart of this server for a short time; I really love the community and people! It's been a great month, and I've love to be able to help further with the server.

Your minecraft username: Perish_Song
    Time Zone (GMT+?):GMT-6
    Why do you want to be a mod: I would love to be able to help further the success of this server; and enjoy working with players. I've never really enjoyed when moderators aren't hands-on; and would love to be one of the ones that people feel comfortable going to if they need advice or help on a situation! I've been an Admin and am currently a Moderator on a server prior to this, and really feel as if I can bring an extra bit to the table.

Do you have a good understanding of the commands a mod uses:
    Yes, actually! I have a fairly good grasp on them.

/co i - Goes into inspect mode- You can use this to check logs on blocks, animal and/or player interactions. It's very useful for determining the source of grief. It also lists the name of, and the time the block was interacted with.

/co rb username r: t: -Rolls back what that specific user did to that location, but shouldn't be used for natural formations such as desert temples, etc. Sometimes it can mess up the generation! For those it's better to assist the player in a rebuild if they've decided to call that home. (I always type the r first because forgetting radius can result in super catastrophic results, lol!)

/tempban [username] [time] - This temporarily bans a player for the time listed, I'm unsure if ya'll have a punishments page- but I'm assuming you'd put a reason after this?

/ban username - This is a permanent ban and is only to be used if absolutely needed. I personally believe in a three warning system; as sometimes people can forget themselves if they're in the heat of the moment.
    /unban username - Unbans player
    /jail username jail time - This puts a player in a 'cool down' zone where they can't do anything for the listed amount of time. It can be undone by doing /unjail.
    /mute player time - This is useful in stopping bad situations. It mutes the player from speaking globally and only allows them to contact via pm. Use /unmute playername to undo.
    /CO l a:chat username t: - This is useful in solving issues from when not on the server, helps you look up general chat, or a players chat messages. (Does not show private messages.)
    /socialspy - Looks up the private messages between players
    /partyspy - Looks up the private messages of users in a party.
    /invsee - Allows you to look inside an online players inventory.

Will you be responsible, calm, mature, and trustworthy: I'd like to think so! I enjoy working with people that have a similar end goal, and are proud of the work they do! I also have far better things to do in my life than be shady on a minecraft server. We're here to provide a good time for the players, and a good environment for staff to continue being creative and to have their ideas heard and achieved!

1. Someone's house has been griefed, what do you do?

-This can be a little tricky! I would do it based on the amount of destruction. A few blocks here and there doesn't warrant a ban, but would definitely warrant some jail time. The punishment would rise depending on the amount of destruction. If after two reminders they insist on continuing to damage other players builds, I would move for a temp ban of about a week. Anything past that, however, and that would be a permanent ban.
    1-10 blocks - warn/possible jailtime
    11-25 - 1 -3 day ban
    26-50 3-5 day ban
    51-99 1 week ban
    100+ Perm

2. Some users are arguing, what do you do?

-First, I'd ask them to calm down. The server isn't a place for personal squabbles and it's terribly dull to watch them go down. If they were able to be calmed, I'd address them both in either pm, or through dm on discord. If they're unable to be spoken too, I would mute both the users and, again, proceed to try and work through pm's.

As a LAST RESORT I would issue a temp ban, just for a few hours, to allow tempers to cool and the ability to try and reach out to them again.
    - On a side note, sometimes people can't get over grievances and continue, ensuring a bad server enviornment. If someone continues to be a consistent problem, they should be removed permanently.

3. A user is hurling abusive language at you, what do you do?

Issue a first warning. If the behaviour continues, I'd go ahead with jailtime and muting. If they continue on past that, it would go to a temp ban.

4. Someone enters another person's house without their permission, what do you do?

Issue a verbal warning at first, usually a reminder of the rules is all that's needed! If they proceed to continue messing around, I'd move forward with jail time.

Thank you so much for the chance! I really look forward to hopefully becoming a better asset to the server, and hanging out more with ya'll!

-Perish <3

2. Ichikuro

Ichikuro Bow wow. I am dog.

Very solid app imo. Punishments look very reasonable, and overall the app just fits well. Your time may be short here (as was mine when I first started) but if you manage to maintain your level of activity, I can't see why we couldn't promote you based on this app, and your previous experience is definitely helpful.

I say yes!

nasfi and PerishSong like this.
  3. LunaEostre

LunaEostre Fated Forerunner

ill pretty much just ditto this

PerishSong likes this.