Change

ocd

Discussion in 'ZeldaCraft Reports & Ban Appeals' started by Onnowhere, Feb 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vayanui8

vayanui8 Senior Bracer

But is there any benefit to having to do that every day. In the mean time he is angering everyone else, and breaking rules in the process

EpicNintendoguy2 likes this.
  2. Guttingamer

Guttingamer Triforce Sage

It doesn't really matter because it is part of your job as a moderator. You're not here to make things easier for yourself. You signed up for this.

3. vayanui8

vayanui8 Senior Bracer

I am not makng it easier for myself, I am making it more appealing to the players. Nobody wants all that spam flooding the chat, or the harassment he gives people. Even if he can be calmed down, there isn't always somebody there to do so and he turns people off from the server. The people who join in his rages almost never come back, or get angry themselves and yelling at him. If this only started over something big it wouldn't be an issue, but he will go on for hours over something as little as somebody liking a post he didn't like, or saying they don't want to live in his village

4. Guttingamer

Mute him. Jail him. Talk to him. Work out the problems. Please. It will keep him from flooding the chat and also prevent this from happening.

Only use bans as a last resort. And by that, I mean a really last resort (as in you are positive there is absolutely nothing you can do). Like I said, you can always calm Lorenzo down if you know what you're doing.

Americano99 likes this.
  5. EpicNintendoguy2

EpicNintendoguy2 Ancient Sage

We are positive we can't do anything more for Lorenzo, though.

6. thecharizardf8

thecharizardf8 Triforce Master

no offense to you but i actually do o3o people with aspergers think completely different from everyone else they may think different but they do have a chance of being successful. just look at bill gates he's the richest man on earth and he has it lol

7. Americano99

Americano99 Triforce Disciple

Everyone has a chance at being succesful.

8. thecharizardf8

#peerpressure yes maybe unbanning is reasonable he is 10 years old o3o you know there really should be a bully rule and if there already is TAKE IT SERIOUSLY GUYS im tired of the bullying tbh and its getting old and annoying lol yea i used to make fun of OCD but i learned that it was wrong and stopped. people think they can bully him without getting caught. and also if people make fun of aspergers ONE MORE TIME i will make a report about it. because it is literally get unexpceptable and yes they make fun of it by saying ''ass burgers'' and its just getting annoying and i admit i use to act this way. I understand what is going on and i hope he feel's better give this kid a chance because all these chances you gave him dont even count. he's only 10 years old. AND IF YOUR ONE OF THOSE PEOPLE WHO THINK YOUR COOL TO PICK ON SOMEONE YOUNGER THAN YOU than you have no brain at all. Because that makes you look weak picking on someone younger than you.

LunaEostre likes this.
  9. THE GREAT _SLIK_

THE GREAT _SLIK_ Ancient Sage

I have nothing more to say here.:confused:

10. Guttingamer

You said that Asperger's Syndrome doesn't affect behavior. Well it does. Just because one person with a certain disorder grew up to be successful doesn't mean everyone with that disorder will. Let me ask you something: Do you think Bill Gates was very sociable in his childhood? He wasn't, primarily because his social behavior was affected by his condition. Just because Lorenzo is acting this way now doesn't mean he can't be successful like Bill Gates. I really mean no offense Char, but please do your research before making an argument.

11. thecharizardf8

sry..... lol i forgot the social part ....... yus butttttttttttt i have aspergers too but ok i wont start an arguement o3o3o33o3o3o33o

12. RogueWolf5

RogueWolf5 Alpha Wolf

Maybe it'll make the situation easier if more of the staff knew how to do this. Maybe you could have those that do know how to calm people down give mini-lessons or something to those staff who might not know or might be able to do better at calming people down. Even if Lorenzo doesn't get unbanned, it could still be good knowledge to have in case other people need to be calmed down in a similar way. Everyone's different from each other, but some people can be alike in some ways, so maybe the technique Gut's talking about would be effective on some other upset players as well.

Americano99 and Guttingamer like this.
  13. Guttingamer

Asperger's, like Autism, isn't the same in everyone. It is probably a lot milder in you than lorenzo. js

EpicNintendoguy2 likes this.
  14. thecharizardf8

zak would make an excellent admin he told me how he was talking to OCD and i feel he makes him comfortable when talking to him. but lets not go there lol gen 11 just started i thought aspergers is autism o3o but not severe

15. Guttingamer

I would be willing to teach vayanui and maybe some other moderators with the same problems about how to correctly handle a problem like this, as long as they're willing to be taught (even though they should have already known how to before they were promoted).

16. Guttingamer

Yes, I agree. Zak would be a great candidate for our next round of admins, even if it may be miles away.

LunaEostre and thecharizardf8 like this.
  17. THE GREAT _SLIK_

THE GREAT _SLIK_ Ancient Sage

I hate how people use a disease or an issue as an excuse for bad behavior, like this for instance. Even though it may make socially awkward it's still no excuse for any sort of wrong behavior. I mean have you ever heard me even once use my ADHD as an excuse for anything. And sure it has been hell for me to be mature, responsible, and calm with issues like that but I never blame my disease as an issue, in fact I consider it an advantage.

18. RogueWolf5

RogueWolf5 Alpha Wolf

I know mods should already know how to calm people down xD but like I said, everyone's different so something that seems effective at calming a majority of people down could possibly not work for some others. It just depends on the person, really :p

19. Onnowhere

Onnowhere King of Hyrule

Changing is a process, and I'll admit it may not be achievable in the short time given. But if so, let it be just something to stay with him hopefully in the future elsewhere.

20. thecharizardf8

i think he's worthy of an unban anyone else agree? like if you agree #likefest

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.