Change

New Appealing Survival Spawn

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by Mergu, Aug 23, 2014.

1. Mergu

Mergu Drowning Staff Member

We all know what the s1 spawn looks like. With the expanse of griefed builds to the unappealing entrance, it sets a bad impression for players first joining the server.

My suggestion is to make both a new world for a survival spawn and a new entrance. The protected area should also extend farther out to keep people from building right up against the entrance, and it should be monitored (possibly by an appointed team?) more closely to keep the spawn area as neat as possible (fix griefs there daily).

From what I understand, all mak would have to do is create the new world. I believe admins have the ability to set protected areas + warps and we could get some good builders to team up and tackle the task of making a new entance. We could leave the current s1 world as a different warp so people don't lose their builds as well.

Another twist on this suggestion would be to just move the current s1 spawn out of the jungle biome and into a plains biome, then having some people work on a new entrance. Jungle is too messy for a spawn, especially when you let immature players go loose on it.

2. Linked Dimentio

Linked Dimentio The Vanguard

S1 needs another reset badly, it's been a long time since the last one. I agree about the new spawn.

3. Sentinel_Baker!

Sentinel_Baker! The Gambler.

Definitely. I'd be happy to help build a new spawn if it's needed.

4. Beedle

Beedle Nautical Trader

I keep talking about this. The S1 spawn scares new players away and often even lets them think that griefing is allowed. That "No Griefing/Raiding" Sign doesn't really help at all. This is just another great idea of you, Gamer. I hope Mark takes a look at this.

5. Mark

Mark Admin Staff Member

We will probably aim to reset survival 1 soon.

6. istutt909

istutt909 Ey lmao

I got rid of the griefing around survival1's spawn a few months ago, I guess it came back rather quickly, I shall build the next s1 spawn, If we're going to reset it soon, with you peeps' help. (if you want to help, that is)

7. Mergu

It should be more open, more like a garden rather than a building. Maybe showcase some pixel art.

8. Mergu

Progress on a new spawn I've been working on-
    [​IMG]

Any suggestions? Coords are x:488, z:-428, y:28 in the VIP world

9. BriannatehGamer

BriannatehGamer God of Hyrule

Thats pretty damn cool Mergu. If you want, I can help decorating. When it comes to minecraft decor, I'm your guy. Er, girl.

Sentinel_Baker! likes this.
  10. Mergu

Absolutely~

11. BriannatehGamer

BriannatehGamer God of Hyrule

Welp. Cuddli cupcake reporting for duty.. after i get my science done.
    [​IMG]

12. Mergu

Finished, here's a bunch of screens-
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Compared to.......
    [​IMG]

ThePuppeteer likes this.
  13. LunaEostre

LunaEostre Fated Forerunner

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmm that's nice XD

vayanui8 likes this.
  14. vayanui8

vayanui8 Senior Bracer

We should really ban chests around the new spawn. Way too much area is turned to crap because of random locked chests doors and furnaces around it

Sentinel_Baker! and LunaEostre like this.
  15. Mergu

Yeah, new s1 spawn should have a protected area that goes out farther and should be watched more carefully by staff

16. PicaroRob

PicaroRob Triforce Sage

17. Benjehamaus

Benjehamaus The Hero of Legend

why did he have to go : (

LunaEostre likes this.
  18. Mergu

The old spawn scared him off : P

LunaEostre and Benjehamaus like this.
  19. Peter

Peter Meme Machine

damn i wish i could help with this, the only way i can even relatively build is with carpenter's blocks and microblocks (i work on detail more with fancier blocks soz)

20. Sentinel_Baker!

Sentinel_Baker! The Gambler.

I think if we reset S1 soon and give it this spawn we'll get a lot more new players join and actually stay xD