Change

Mr_GoodAtPvp's Mod Application

Discussion in 'Mod Applications' started by Rupee, Mar 31, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rupee

Rupee Deku Scrub

Your Minecraft username: Mr_GoodAtPvp
    Time Zone (GMT+?): EST
    Why do you want to be a mod: I am a die-hard Zelda fan, as well as a Minecraft fan, so this server is perfect for me! I have had plenty of experience being a moderator on other servers, which would be an asset if I joined your team. I would really love to see this great server grow and prosper!
    Do you have a good understanding of the commands a mod uses: I have a well-developed understanding of the commands that a moderator would use. As I already stated, I have been a moderator other servers. I have also owned a server in the past. With all this experience using commands and dealing with other players, adding me onto the staff team would be a great idea!
    Will you be responsible, calm, mature, and trustworthy: I won't abuse my power to any extent, and I will remain calm in case of a hacker. I promise to be a mature, trustworthy moderator, and will never do something that could damage the server.

And answer these questions:

1. Someone's house has been griefed, what do you do? First, I go to the Admins or owner and tell them about what happened. Next, I reverse all damage done to the house if possible. Then, I can check the data logs to see who was on when the server was griefed. The most important thing to do is let the higher ranking staff handle the problem if possible.
    2. Some users are arguing, what do you do? I take no sides, and give each player a warning and tell them to stop the quarrel. If they continue to argue, I give them one final warning. If they are still fighting after all this, they will both receive a temp mute.
    3. A user is hurling abusive language at you, what do you do? Depending on the situation, they will either receive a warning, followed by a temp mute, or an instant temporary mute. Abusive language won't be tolerated.
    4. Someone enters another person's house without their permission, what do you do? I will first tell the player to leave the house verbally. If they remain in the house, I will move them with force, such as teleporting them to me. This should be the end of it, but if it is not, I will kick the player from the server and notify the higher ranking staff.

Thank you so much!

2. CinderNeo

CinderNeo Old Timer

You seem mature enough to be a mod, and I do believe you when you say you've been a mod at other places/owned a server. I really like the introduction to your application.
    As for the questions, I wish you went into more detail on them. Someone else who applied early had the same issue, so I'll just quote what I said there:
    Again, I do believe you when you say you were mod on other servers so you probably know the commands and the general ladder you follow for punishments. However, I (as well as I'm sure the rest of the staff) would like to see that you do. I'm going to say no for this right now, but I look forward to future applications!

nasfi likes this.
  3. nasfi

nasfi Soufla

You definitely seem mature enough, but you joined roughly 4 hours ago.
    Well a mod is getting their mod rank so they'll deal with griefers, and punsih them, not to tell another staff member to do it.
    The best thing to do in my opinion is to try and resolve the issue, and see who's right and who's wrong. As in; if they're arguing about if Billy or Molly stole from a chest, the mod should go there, and see who did it, and who's falsely accusing the other person.
    Now I know that abusive language isn't tolerated in any case, but don't be the mean one there with just an instant punish. I'm not saying to leave them insult you, but you can ask them why they're doing such thing, or what lead them to start insulting you.

As Bug said above, a bit more detail on questions, and your punishment line, would be pretty nice. I'd suggest spending a bit more time before you re-apply, also a good thing would be to first apply for trusted, then mod. So my vote for now, is a no.

Thank you for applying!

CinderNeo likes this.
  4. Mergu

Mergu Drowning Staff Member

The formatting on this was really difficult to follow. As an 18 y/o, you should practice on better presenting yourself in formal writing.

For instance, listing the questions is good; however, posting the answer in bold and on the same line is not advised.

As for my response, it's the same as the others: You're fairly new and the app could use some work so for now it's a no.
    Thanks for the app!

nasfi likes this.
  5. Redsheep67

Redsheep67 Lucifer's Lover

My answer is a no, for the same reasons as everyone else. I don't believe i have anything else to say.

6. Kozuta

Kozuta Space Cowboy

I agree with the others on this. Not anything for me to add.

7. Rupee

Rupee Deku Scrub

bro u just a h8r not even a sk8r u ask for 1v1 but i be on level 2 u say the pvp is fair but boi u musta lost yo marbles.
    i dare you to come back to that ;)

8. Kozuta

Kozuta Space Cowboy

Come back to that? I'll do so at the drop of a hat.
    You look like you tried to rhyme, but couldn't put in the time.
    My vote is a no, if you wanted to know.
    You can call me cold as ice, but really I'm quite nice. ;)
    You just got rocked, and now this thread is locked.

Chad, Banned_, Zeldagirl01 and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.