Change

Most Overrated Movies and Games

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by horcrux2007, May 20, 2014.

1. horcrux2007

horcrux2007 Beyonce

Pretty self-explanatory.

The most overrated movies I've seen are Forrest Gump and Fight Club. I honestly hate those movies.

2. BlaBlaBloid

BlaBlaBloid Carlton Danks

I hate how "classic" crappy movies from the 1950s get such high ratings from critics.

EpicNintendoguy2 likes this.
  3. horcrux2007

horcrux2007 Beyonce

Like what movies? I'm not much of a fan of 50's movies either. The only one I actually like is The Blob.

4. MisumiKaos

MisumiKaos Lost One Lux

The Dark Knight Rises. There are just way too many things in that movie that make me groan, especially since other Batman movies have done far better before it.

5. horcrux2007

horcrux2007 Beyonce

Like what?

Okay, I guess I have to be a bit clearer. Be specific in why you chose that.
    I just thought both Forrest Gump and Fight Club were immensely boring and over-hyped. I really found no enjoyment in the films.

6. Mergu

Mergu Drowning Staff Member

Kirby's Epic Yarn. No character/plot development and poor gameplay, yet it's praised and rated highly for being "cute."

EpicNintendoguy2 and horcrux2007 like this.
  7. horcrux2007

horcrux2007 Beyonce

Oh yeah, I remember that horse anus.

8. MisumiKaos

MisumiKaos Lost One Lux

Well, for one, there's a lot that doesn't seem to fit in The Dark Knight Rises-- I can't count how many times I lost track of what the movie's plot was because of how many little events there are in it that don't seem to serve any purpose (sort of like the typical anime filler). Seeing Bane, my least favorite villain in the entire series (if not in recorded history) being featured as the main villain was also not a good sign, but by far my biggest issue with it is Batman himself. The movie portrays Batman as a depressed, brooding wimp who just seems to have collapsed, rather than the quiet but sharp smartass he's mostly made himself known as. I wouldn't have an issue with this normally as Batman does have a pretty haunting (if vague) past, but for the most part he never really let it show that something was bothering him because there were bigger problems at hand and, for the most part, kept his thoughts to himself-- here, it definitely shows. It shows A LOT. Waner Bros., do your homework before scripting another DC movie. Please.

9. Linked Dimentio

Linked Dimentio The Vanguard

CoD, that is all.

whyhellotherr and LunaEostre like this.
  10. horcrux2007

horcrux2007 Beyonce

You're wrong on so many levels. It's quite obvious you can't follow an episode of Spongebob if you had trouble following the plot of The Dark Knight Rises because it was fairly straightforward. Also, the fact that you said that Bane was a detractor is so highly biased because YOU don't like him. Also, what was so good about this film is that Wayne was shown that he is not invincible and that he eventually will break. You didn't like it because people might have different emotions? Yeah, you're clearly not a film critic if you think that your own biased opinions are what make a movie bad.

BlaBlaBloid and Benjehamaus like this.
  11. gabocore

gabocore Olympus Lord

Games probably Halo is extremely overrated

12. Benjehamaus

Benjehamaus The Hero of Legend

Not trying to contradict that, but most people think that when Halo is extremely hated. Most people that say it's overrated are people that are on the Call of Duty band wagon and say that because they're CoD fan boys.

13. horcrux2007

horcrux2007 Beyonce

I think it's really just whatever game comes out. They jump on the bandwagon when a COD trailer comes out, love it when they play it, then a trailer for Halo will come out, they'll hate COD and love Halo, and the cycle continues.

14. MisumiKaos

MisumiKaos Lost One Lux

Okay...

1- That's a very poor analogy. Spongebob is a bigger clusterf*** than Regular Show, and considering I've voiced my opinion on THAT travesty more times than I care to count, that's saying something. As far as I'm concerned, there's nothing TO follow in the first five minutes of an episode, let alone the whole thing.

2- Bane is often considered the worst villain in the entire series, and not just by me. The thing that makes Batman's villains what they are is that each one of them usually represents a facet of his character that nobody else sees or is able to easily toy around with said facets on a whim. Bane, on the other hand, does nothing of the sort and he's more or less just there to be a dick. The fact that he's somehow gone from a brainless muscle-oaf to a full-blown terrorist mastermind on his own also leaves the gaping question of what exactly happened, which the movie tries and miserably fails to cover. Bane serves absolutely no purpose.

3- And that's precisely the problem. For having a title like "The Dark Knight Rises" (good lord, could that get any more pretentious...), Batman seems to do more the opposite throughout the entire movie and this is largely due to him somehow magically forgetting that the things he's having a cow over are things that, in a sense, he's already overcome (as said in point 2). There's nothing he can really collapse over by now (and if there is, the movie does a very poor job of explaining it). So once again, they really have no excuse for botching this up.

15. horcrux2007

horcrux2007 Beyonce

The episodes are straightforward and easy to follow. The fucks I give about how many times you've voiced your opinion on the show is less than 0. Also, yeah Bane might not be the greatest villain, but it's still your contrived bias that pisses me off because Bane fucking stole the show. Lastly, you're terribly wrong. He did "rise" because he eventually got out of his physical and emotional weakness by eventually defeating Bane.

16. BlaBlaBloid

BlaBlaBloid Carlton Danks

Oh no! How dare you people have an opinion?
    Seriously, this entire thread is about OPINION and yet you criticize someone else for it. It's stupid and hypocritical. Just stop.

vayanui8 likes this.
  17. horcrux2007

horcrux2007 Beyonce

Actually, this thread is to criticize.

mitchell and Benjehamaus like this.
  18. gabocore

gabocore Olympus Lord

Well it's pretty clear I'm not a cod fanboy lol
    Idk but there is this recognition for Halo as if it was a masterpiece and tbh I just think it's a shooter with a decent story, which was kind of revolutionary at the time. As for cod, well it's just cod, normal people would never say it's a masterpiece

19. Benjehamaus

Benjehamaus The Hero of Legend

I know you're not a fan boy.

20. MisumiKaos

MisumiKaos Lost One Lux

I can do this all day...
    1- Why even bring it up in the first place then? I don't see what you're getting at.

2- "Stole the show"...? And that's a good thing?

3- Wrong. Batman did not defeat Bane on his own-- in fact, he DIDN'T defeat Bane. After a slow, boring, and very poorly choreographed fight scene was just anticlimatically blown apart, and that's it. If he did somehow recover from his silly limbo (which again, he really has no excuse for), he really can't assume any credit for it whatsoever.