Change

~Mac's Moderator Application~

Discussion in 'Mod Applications' started by Mac, Nov 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mac

Mac Animu Chiald

I'm sure you guys know who I am by now...... but it never hurts to just reintroduce myself! Hai, I'm _Mactastic_ or Mac as most of you know me. I'm fourteen years old, according to my birth certificate, but heaven knows my brain tends to think a lot older than that. I'm from a small town in Ontario, Canada, making my time zone Eastern Standard (UTC –5).

I'm applying for moderator because I've seen the work the staff does first hand, and I know it's a hard job, but at the end of the day, it's so worth it because you're making a difference for the community on the server. I know this is very basic of me, and kind of stereotypical based on my country, but I love to help others. You may have seen me running around the server fixing up houses that I know people will never return to (sorry, fixing grief with style lmao), answering new players question, sitting around and giving people suggestions and, (not to brag or anything) typing up notes and sending them to applying builders, telling them what needs work on their applications and simple ways they could improve building. But, I feel I am capable of so much more than that. Being a moderator would give me the opportunity to help people less based on opinion and more on just solving their problems in a straightforward fashion.

I also feel the need to give back to the server. Over the past few months (even though I've been here for a few years now) I've really started to come out of my shell, thanks to the people on this server. I've made more friends on this server than I could ever make in real life. I've been so much happier in the past while than I've ever been, and if I was given the chance to help maintain the environment that gave me so much I would be honoured, because, maybe someday there will be another like me who finds refuge on this server and I will know that I helped that person on a deeper level than anyone has ever realized.

I actually have a fairly good understanding of some of the commands that the moderators use thanks to some lessons from a friend of mine (you all know who, it's kind of obvious).

CoreProtect:

/co help Displays the list of CoreProtect commands

/co rollback Rolls back area to an early time. This command is made specific by using the following additions.

u: (insert username here) This addition makes it so the only blocks removed were placed by the player inserted in the "insert username here" section.

t: (insert time here) This addition makes it so the blocks are only rolled back to the specified time.

r: (insert radius here) This addition makes it so blocks are only affected in the provided radius.

a: (insert an action here) This addition makes it so rollback, rolls back stuff like dead mobs and items removed/added to containers. (There's a long list of these but I'm too lazy to type it out.)

So combining these inserts with the original command would look something like this:

/co rollback u:_Mactastic_ t:120h r:5 a:-container

/co inspect Toggles the inspector, which you can use to check who placed the block and when it was placed, this command also uses some of the additions from /co rollback.

/co lookup is used to look through the data of the blocks. This command uses a lot of the same additions as /co rollback.

/co restore is used to undo rollbacks, this command also uses the same additions as /co rollback.

/co purge t: (insert time here) Will delete all data within the inserted time, this is under the "NEVER USE THIS COMMAND" folder lmao.

Punishments:

/mute (Username) (time) Mutes the inserted player for the inserted amount of time.

/unmute (Username) Unmutes the inserted player, self-explanatory.

/jail (Username) (time) Jails the inserted player for the inserted amount of time in a jail that is pre-set by admins.

/unjail (Username) Unjails the inserted player.

/kick (Username) (Reason) Kicks the inserted player from the server and shows them the reasoning. (Not gonna lie I've only seen this used for banter)

/ban (Username) (Reason) Permanently bans the inserted player, this should only be used for EXTREME cases, the reason will be shown to the banned player.

/unban (Username) Unbans the inserted player.

/tempban (Username) (Time) (Reason) Temporarily bans the inserted player for the inserted amount of time, the reason will be shown to the banned player.

/banip (IP/Username) Blocks the players IP so they can't get on the server using alternate accounts.

/unbanip (IP/Username) Unblocks the players IP so they return to the server on all accounts.

/banhistory (Username) Checks the players data to see if/how many times they've been banned.

Other Fun Commands:

/socialspy (on/off) Makes it so you can see private messages between other players.

/invsee (Username) Makes it so you can see into the inserted players inventory.

/fly Enables flight. Self-explanatory.

/tpo (Username) Allows you to teleport to the inserted player without having to send a request.

/tpo (Username#1) (Username#2) Teleports the inserted player to the other inserted player.

/v Used for being a sneaky sneak. Players can't see you if you're invisible, good for checking on what suspicious players are doing, also great for being a troll.

1. Well the first course of action is to teleport to the griefed player. Then using /co inspect I would check who placed/removed the griefed blocks. Using this information I would use /co rollback u: (the griefer's username) t: A few hours before the block data says it was placed just to be sure) r: (.A sizable radius depending on the grief) a: (-block /+block) this will rollback the grief done to the players house. The next course of action will be to decide on the punishment for the griefer. The punishment will be decided based on the severity of the grief. My general thoughts on punishment is, 1-10 blocks will get a warning and a jailing (about 5-10 minutes), 11-30 will get the player a tempban for a day or two and a serious back off warning, 31-49 will get the player a tempban of a business week along with a serious warning, 50-79 blocks will get the player week+ along with a final warning. Anything higher would be a straight up ban, I'm a builder at heart I know how infuriating it is for someone to destroy your hard work!

2. If two players are arguing I would at first simply ask them what the reasoning behind it is, and try to help them solve it on the spot. If that doesn't work I'll threaten jail time, hoping that will shut them up, and if that doesn't work actually jail and mute them for 5-10 minutes so the players can calm down and rethink their actions. Once the players are out of the jail and they still continue fighting I would tempban them for a day, just let the heated players cool off some steam. If this continues after that and the arguments continue to get more heated I would bring it up to the rest of the staff, asking them for input and acting on that, which could lead to a longer tempban or a perm if it's bad enough.

3. If a user uses abusive language towards me I would give them a strong warning not to do it again, and knowing me I'd rant on about emotions and how words affect people because I'm a total dork. If this continues I would mute and jail the player for 5-10 minutes so they can rethink what they have done. If the harsh language continues after that I would tempban them for a day and discuss the issue with fellow staff members and use their advice to make a decision that is as unbiased as I can make it.

4. If a player enters another player's house, without permission I would kindly ask them to leave and to ask before they enter people's structures. If this happens again I would be sterner with my words and threaten a punishment. If this continuously happens I would jail the player for 5-10minutes as a warning proving that I'm not kidding around. If the player is still constantly going in homes I would tempban them for disrespecting me as a staff member and not listening to me when I ask them to do stuff.

Well that was a lot longer than I thought it would be….. Whatever x PThank you guys so much for taking the time out of your busy schedules to read my application, it truly means alot to me!

Much love,

~Mac

2. LunaEostre

LunaEostre Fated Forerunner

3. Ichikuro

Ichikuro Bow wow. I am dog.

RGEpicMrT, YoYo188, nasfi and 2 others like this.
  4. kenziebrown

kenziebrown Ginger

This is one of those rare apps that does everything right. Not only did you follow the template but you went above and beyond and answered the questions with detail. One thing a lot of people miss is how important core protect is and how deep they can go with its uses but you actually included that, impressive! I already knew you from your time on the server and I knew that you had shown responsibility before so that only reinforced the opening statements you made. Thank you for applying! Hopefully the other staff members will feel the same way about this app as I do.

RGEpicMrT and nasfi like this.
  5. virgil

virgil Hylian Knight

HECK YA

Marshall_Lee likes this.
  6. Ichikuro

Ichikuro Bow wow. I am dog.

Y u so late to the party

TravisTouchdown likes this.
  7. Mac

Mac Animu Chiald

Cuz Carl doesn't love me anymore ;-;