Change

Latest Server News

Discussion in 'ZeldaCraft' started by nasfi, Jun 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nasfi

nasfi Soufla Staff Member

edit: ZeldaCraft is open and not whitelisted anymore

Why is the server whitelisted?

A couple of days ago a major bug happened with our inventory management plugin, xInventories, which simply allows any player at any given time to cheat items in on any world because the groups get linked up, but not only that, you also lose everything you had in your survival inventory. So while we're trying to solve that issue, to prevent any mishaps with players and items, we've whitelisted the server.

If xInventories is buggy (not compactible with 1.14), then why did you guys update?

When I went to update all plugins so the server can be in 1.14.2, the website listed that it had 1.14.x support. It seems like the author and the testers hadn't done the proper testing, or the bug went unoticed. I contacted the author about the bug, and he removed 1.14 support. He also stated that he'll be able to fix his plugin on mid June when he's free of school business.

How can I get whitelisted / Can I get whitelisted?

You can't. Only people allowed to be whitelisted are staff, since we trust them the most that they will not use that bug to obtain items and benefit from it.

Why do they get to play and we don't?

They don't play. Staff will log in when we need them to help us test fixes for this bug.

What now?

Mergu has been re-writing the inventory management plugin to prevent these sort of exploits and bugs.
    upload_2019-6-9_9-12-23.png
    upload_2019-6-9_9-12-54.png

If you've got more questions, post them here and we will answer as soon as we can

Last edited: Jun 11, 2019
  2. shivaa95

shivaa95 Deku Scrub

Hello, so the bug is now fixed ? It's working great again ?

3. nasfi

nasfi Soufla Staff Member

upload_2019-9-28_0-42-10.png

I think it's pretty crystal clear

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.