Change

Jamie's Ban Appeal

Discussion in 'ZeldaCraft Reports & Ban Appeals' started by Aaron, Oct 23, 2013.

1. Guttingamer

Guttingamer Triforce Sage

Jamie, I have chosen to unban you. Let's see how this goes.

Americano99 likes this.
  2. vayanui8

vayanui8 Senior Bracer

Though I get what you mean, I think we need to stand firm kin or bans from time to time. If we accept all the appeals just because they may be apologetic, then there is no real reason to follow the rules, they can break them all they want and then fake an apology a few months later

3. horcrux2007

horcrux2007 Beyonce

Vay, not every apology is fake. Jamie seems like he's pretty apologetic. It would be obvious if he was fake because it would be something along the lines of

I swear I didn't grief I'm sorry I griefed

^ those are contradicting statements that we see all the time

Ban appeals aren't really about a misunderstanding made by a staff member; they're mostly about seeing if the player really is apologetic and mature enough to go back on the server.

4. vayanui8

vayanui8 Senior Bracer

I see them accepted far too often. What I'm saying dosent just apply to this appeal. I'm saying that there has to be a line or people will just keep pushing their boundaries.

5. Americano99

Americano99 Triforce Disciple

Vay we can strictly enforce the rules while at the same time being the bigger person
    I honestly believe it does depend on the specific person whom was banned and or wishes to be unbanned

6. vayanui8

vayanui8 Senior Bracer

there are lines that shouldnt be crassed and this is a staff conversation

7. Americano99

Americano99 Triforce Disciple

I will apologize, but no one stopped others from coming in

I wasn't saying I have any power nor jurisdiction
    If you are angry with me I understand, and even though I stated your name, my comment was not singly towards you or the staff

There is a different message and this is nearly the example

8. Guttingamer

We do "stand firm bans from time to time." In fact, I could argue that some of the moderators are too harsh on ban appeals. You see, if we're not going to unban anyone anyway then that just defeats the entire purpose of ban appeals.

Americano99 and horcrux2007 like this.
  9. vayanui8

vayanui8 Senior Bracer

Im just saying we need to look ar it from both sides. I personally think he went too far fora n appeal,but I think we need to consider bith when accepting or denying an appeal

10. Guttingamer

I agree in that we should look at it from both sides. In any case, we have looked at this ban appeal from both sides of the argument and we have come to a conclusion.

11. vayanui8

vayanui8 Senior Bracer

k, I just think we need to take this approach more often, as Ive seen it completely ignored in the past

12. Skul_Kid

Skul_Kid Hylian Hero

O_O ...................