Change

I've been banned for no apparent reason!

Discussion in 'ZeldaCraft Reports & Ban Appeals' started by XxGamePersonxX, Sep 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XxGamePersonxX

XxGamePersonxX Hylian Citizen

So, um... yeah. It worked yesterday, but I've been auto-banned?
    I don't get it...WHY!?
    But here's a screenie... 2017-09-04_09.52.25.png

2. XxGamePersonxX

So apparently I can't have a VPN. Okay,
    BUT,
    why is it when I disable it, the same error shows!?
    I REALLY wan't to play on this. Please, anyone help.

3. DCaff95

DCaff95 Triforce Disciple

oh, why were you using a VPN is the first place? that's kinda weird! but the ban doesn't update with your settings, that's why you weren't unbanned

Ichikuro likes this.
  4. XxGamePersonxX

IDK, my dad doesn't want me tracked. I will never use one again, if I can get unbanned!

5. DCaff95

should be unbanned now

XxGamePersonxX likes this.
  6. XxGamePersonxX

Awesome, thank you!

7. BBB

BBB Hylian Citizen

@XxGamePersonxX turn your VPN back on my man, it's good to avoid people tracking your internet. There's no reason to ban VPNS and forfeit privacy for a minecraft server.

Konata likes this.
  8. Marshall_Lee

Marshall_Lee ( ༎ຶ ۝ ༎ຶ )

We didn't ban VPNs per se, we had an autoban system turned on for about 30 minutes while the same guy kept joining the game repeatedly and spamming/being rude, using a VPN. This guy must have just been caught in the crossfire.

I also support the use of VPNs when it's not for malicious intentions, as the internet can be a very dangerous place :)

9. DCaff95

The VPN system is just on in general as far as I'm aware, not just for that half hour

10. Mergu

Mergu Drowning Staff Member

I'll be implementing a UUID whitelist for users affected by the blocker soon. Once done it'll automatically bypass you from the VPN blocker if you log in a single time without using a VPN. I'll probably change the ban to a kick as well, that way legitimate VPN users can get in without needing admin assistance.

DCaff95 likes this.
  11. DCaff95

kick sounds like the best workaround until an admin can assist with the whitelisting, good stuff

12. Marshall_Lee

Marshall_Lee ( ༎ຶ ۝ ༎ຶ )

if it is still on, it stopped notifying staff when it was checking people like it did while that same guy kept joining. Every time someone would join, it would check them for a VPN and send a message to the chat that staff could see. Idk, maybe merg just turned the notifications off(?)

13. Mergu

Mergu Drowning Staff Member

Yeah notifications are off but it's still sending me data and checking usernames

Marshall_Lee and Ichikuro like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.