Change

I want to be a Moderator.

Discussion in 'Mod Applications' started by Natethegreat, Dec 31, 2019.

1. Natethegreat

Natethegreat Deku Scrub

My Username is 38Nate_The_Great my time zone is MST I am 28 I want to be a Mod because I like helping and want to help. I have a good understanding of commands a mod uses I Will be responsible, calm, and trustworthy.
    Q1 -Someone's house has been griefed, what do you do? A1 -I would Help rebuild the grief and find out who griefed.
    Q2 -Some users are arguing, what do you do? A2 -I would try to see what the arguing is about and try to stop it.
    Q3 - A user is hurling abusive language at you, what do you do? A3 - I would Mute the user.
    Q4 - Someone enters another person's house without their permission, what do you do? A4 - I would Jail him. or if its real bad,temporarily ban him.

2. Coolio723

Coolio723 Hylian Hero Staff Member

My vote is going to be a no for many reasons.
    One, you didn't elaborate much and show no knowledge of commands. With your responses to the questions, what would you do to help? How would you find out who griefed? Do you know what commands will assist you to figure out? Try looking at past staff applications and look at how those applications are structured.
    From what I see, you also took a 2-month break, and just came back today.
    But stick around, interact more, put more detail into your application and maybe down the road you'll get my vote change. :)

3. John Catron

John Catron Deku Scrub Staff Member

My vote is also no.

I tend to agree with the previous post from dear cow. You need to come back and let people get to know you and in general to me you don't NEED to be a mod to help people. If you want to be a mod because you like helping then let us see that go help people as much as you can.

Unless it broke with your rename my UI doesn't even show you as trusted so maybe work on that before mod applications.

In general your application feels sort of hasty and not really taken seriously. As cow said show knowledge of commands and what you can do. Research the plugins we use if you need to understand more or maybe talk to current mods to get help/guidance.

In general Your mod application shouldn't be shorter than the posts responding to it.

nasfi likes this.
  4. greenleeuw

greenleeuw Hylian Citizen Staff Member

Its a no from me too for the same reason cow gave.
    You show little to no knowledge about the commands a mod uses like cow said look at previous mod apps

5. Natethegreat

Natethegreat Deku Scrub

Ok. I read it all. Ill take a little time improving! Thank you guys for responding quick. ;)

6. nasfi

nasfi Soufla Staff Member

My vote is a no for those reasons:

I haven't ever seen you online apart from yesterday when you asked for Epuc's help. Answers are very short. You're lacking important details. And some things are very harsh.

My recommendation is to stick around, get to know people, be active. Though in the future I'd suggest you apply for trusted first.

Sfcski likes this.