Change

Factions

Discussion in 'ZeldaCraft' started by Benjehamaus, Oct 6, 2015.

1. Mark

Mark Admin Staff Member

The factions plugin is now up and running. I have setup a small factions world players can warp to and play factions.

EDIT: Using factions plugin now since SimpleFactions appears to be broken.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2015
  2. Peter

Peter Meme Machine

3. Sentinel_Baker!

Sentinel_Baker! The Gambler.

I think a factions chat would be a good idea, it's getting a bit confusing figuring out who's doing factions and who's trying to play regular ZC.

4. Peter

Peter Meme Machine

Yes, but do you mean something like a general world chat or a private chat only between the factions

5. Sentinel_Baker!

Sentinel_Baker! The Gambler.

Both really. One for anyone using factions and then a system for people to speak privately with their own faction would be great. Mergu has already set up three general faction chats but so far as I am aware there is no channel for people to speak with their own faction.

6. Mergu

Mergu Drowning Staff Member

Couple things I've noticed with factions:

Faction names in front of essentials prefixes is pretty annoying. It's cluttering up chat and making it hard to read. Could you look into the essentials config (/plugins/Essentials/config.yml) and change "format" to completely remove faction names from general chat? Players would still be able check who's in what faction through various means such as /f p <username> or /f f <faction>. In order to see whether a person is allied or enemied, you could keep the small rank indicator out front but the faction names have to go.

Also, I agree we should have a faction / ally / enemy chat. Here's a nice plugin that fills in that gap: http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/factionchat/.

@Mark