Change

Enders Staff Application

Discussion in 'Mod Applications' started by EnderLink099, Aug 21, 2014.

1. EnderLink099

EnderLink099 Deku Scrub

Your minecraft username: endercreeper5000
    Why do you want to be a mod: The Legend of Zelda is by far my most favorite game franchise of all time. I also love minecraft. I have 10 yrs experience in Staffing servers which will be listed below this paragraph.
    1. ImpactMC Pixelmon - Helper - Open
    2. Imagination UniversePVP - Admin - Open
    3. Riks Realm Pixelmon - Head Admin - Open
    4 MysticBladeMU - Admin - Closed
    Do you have a good understanding of the commands a mod uses: I have a full understanding of the role of Moderator, Also I have a full understanding of /co i and the uses.
    Will you be responsible, calm, mature, and trustworthy: I am always all four of those. I am United States Army veteran so it pretty much comes with the /kit lol

-Q/A PORTION-
    1. Someone's house has been griefed, what do you do?
    To start off I would use {/co i} if available. that would allow me to find the last person to lay or break anything in that radius. I would the rollback that area to its original state. If not available I would scope out the PMs with {/socialspy} to see if I can gain any leads.
    2. Some users are arguing, what do you do?
    I would tell them to leave arguments off the server and just have fun. ig they didn't listen I would warn them again. If they didn't listen I would {/tempmute} them for 30 minutes. If after that thirty minutes they kept it up I would {/jail} them for however long I see fit.
    3. A user is hurling abusive language at you, what do you do?
    Same as above I would warn them once then {/tempmute} if they didn't listen I would {/jail} them for however I see fit. If they still don't continue I would {/tempban} them for however I see fit.
    4. Someone enters another person's house without their permission, what do you do?
    I would simply tell them to leave. If they wouldn't listen I would {/jail} them for however long I see fit.

2. Linked Dimentio

Linked Dimentio The Vanguard

Right away I know you're lying because MC has only been out for 5 years.

App Vote: No, you don't have anything mentioning a lot of commands, the mute command is wrong, you're punishments aren't really there at all. I've also never seen you on before.

3. EnderLink099

EnderLink099 Deku Scrub

Um that was a list of servers over the years lol. I didn't become staff on all of them at the same time lol.
    pic of me on ImpactMC
    [​IMG]

4. Linked Dimentio

You said 10 years of experience staffing on server. MC has been out for 5 years, and I assume all these servers you listed were MC servers since I don't see how staffing on any servers other than MC servers would be relevant here.

5. Moveit77

Moveit77 Time Lord

/tempmute isn't a command lol.

Anyway, it's not a terrible app. If you're an experienced staff member, as you say, that looks pretty good on your resume. But, there are reasons (such as the one Linked Dimentio posted) to vote NO, so my vote is a PROBABLY NOT

6. EnderLink099

EnderLink099 Deku Scrub

I said I had been staffing servers for 10 years. not just Minecraft servers, also /tempmute is a plugin command.

7. Moveit77

Moveit77 Time Lord

I believe that /tempmute is a plugin command on other servers. It's /mute (username) (time) though, on this server. Easy mistake.

EnderLink099 likes this.
  8. Linked Dimentio

Even though you were staff on other servers, your app is pretty bad. You didn't even mention /co rollback, you got the Mute command (A basic command), you barely listed any of the important commands we Mods use.

9. EnderLink099

EnderLink099 Deku Scrub

If you read again I did state that I fully know the command /co i and its uses lol. just look under the Q/A PORTION of my application. You will also notice that the application is not edited.

10. Moveit77

Moveit77 Time Lord

It's not a bad app, but when compared to this it falls short in comparison.

11. EnderLink099

EnderLink099 Deku Scrub

I didn't know that how pretty an app looks actually mattered to the wisdom of ones abilities as Staff.

12. Moveit77

Moveit77 Time Lord

It used to be that way man, but times change... :(

13. Linked Dimentio

Wow, Gamerguy (Or Mergu as some of us know him) is one the best players on the server, someone who should've gotten Mod a long time ago. His was thorough and detailed and got the commands right, unlike yours.

14. EnderLink099

EnderLink099 Deku Scrub

I just read the guidelines and it did say that my ability to write does not impact my application. Im confused now. We can talk about this all night gentlemen. never mind lol. and to think I was gonna get this server sponsors because of my love for zelda.... how rude people are nowadays to Military Vets

15. vayanui8

vayanui8 Senior Bracer

app vote NO! The app is lacking in detail, and we need more evidence that you know the commands well. It isn't a matter of saying you know the commands well, its a matter of proving it. Also, you are incorrect the guidelines. This is the section you are referring to: " Also note, your mod application does not solely depend on ability to write your application." That doesn't mean that your writing ability does not affect your application, its means it isn't the only factor. It means that we won't just give someone the position because they have a good app, not that we won't deny a bad one. You are too new to the server, and need more experience with its community. Your willingness to go after one of our staff members shows the fact that we can't necessarily trust you.

16. EnderLink099

EnderLink099 Deku Scrub

you guys are obviously stupid. bye bye.

17. istutt909

istutt909 Ey lmao

Alright, you lot. I was shocked by how unprofessional these replies were.

Vayanui, I have said multiple times NOT to exclaim your vote, it comes across quite rude and arrogant.

Nal, even if his app lacks detail (not saying that it does), you shouldn't be justifying your vote or saying that the app is "bad".

Moveit, you handled this well enough. However, you should not be comparing one application to the other, especially in the application you are voting on.

18. Linked Dimentio

I pointed out the issues with the app incase you didn't notice, there's even more reason for a No with how this guy acts.

19. vayanui8

vayanui8 Senior Bracer

Exclaiming votes is an old tradition. It went out for a while but tis something thats been around for ages

20. MisumiKaos

MisumiKaos Lost One Lux

I'm sorry, but I have to side with the others on this one for several reasons already pointed out. And frankly, your haste in going after the other staff and firing off half-baked lines such as this little gem...
    ... does not help your case at all. If you have the command knowledge and the (mostly) calm and mature mindset we need, it does not show in the slightest. And frankly, after seeing your replies I have a hard time believing you're an Army veteran because you certainly don't act like one.
    My Vote: Do I really need to explain further?

Crusher5665 and vayanui8 like this.