Change

EbonyJester Ban Appeal

Discussion in 'ZeldaCraft Reports & Ban Appeals' started by SonicNJ15, Oct 22, 2018.

1. SonicNJ15

SonicNJ15 Deku Scrub

So here's the situation: A guy gets me on the server and says he wants to build a house with people. I join him and another person follows along. The other person says they're going to build a city and we journey to a jungle to make it.
    What happened was as a joke I said I was going to build a strip club because it was random and the thought of having one in a tree was ridiculous. Well they didn't want me to build that so I said i'd just build a DMV instead since that was also something funny and weird to build in a tree.They tell me to get out but i'm trying to debate it and I try to act jokingly with the idea of having a DMV in a jungle village. Eventually they started to kill me, giving me the hint that they wanted me to leave and I left to another side of the island to try to build, but they began to kill me there saying that they were building and the fact that I was building on their property was a ban-able offense. I was mad because I didn't see them build anything in the area. I tried making a platform on and I wasn't going to just back down because they were yelling at me. They did have a dock that I hadn't noticed myself as being there at the time. There was a point when they had focused their energy towards killing me (after the platform had been built) that they set up torches along the beach side and I had also assumed they built the dock while killing me because this was when they started talking about it in the chat. My thoughts were later corrected by a mod that came to mediate the situation. Through the whole ordeal they had killed me repeatedly and then set down torches to mark their territory afterwards. We eventually reach an agreement with the mod and I leave to a different part of the jungle. Later on I get hit with a ban note that says I built on their land which at that I barely if at all built anything, all I did was try to return to my position which lead to them killing me. The report also said that I played innocent to the mod but I didn't pretend a thing, I told my story from my point of view.

I'm going to add this portion to speak my thoughts on the matter because I find this very insulting. I told my story and I got punished for it which I find repulsive. I stuck around because I put my stuff down in what I thought was a different area from the tree they started in, and I didn't notice they had built a ship port. None of what I did was out of some malicious intent, I just wanted to stand up for myself because the whole situation was just toxic. And i'm not "playing innocent" when I say I tried to remain as civil as possible throughout the whole ordeal where the other individuals involved treated me with nothing but animosity. A mod came in and politely dealt with the whole situation, I left and built in an area that the Mod had kindly provided, and that was that. I do not understand why it was necessary to ban me afterwards. There was clearly no consideration towards me and my side of the story seemed to have just been swept aside. I was treated badly by those players and as it so happened I traveled to the wrong side of the jungle and placed down a measly couple planks only to be killed multiple times. I doubt this even matters though. You could go through and check the jungle head to toe to clarify how many blocks I had placed. You could dissect the chat log for hours to paint a picture of the situation in your head. But because I made a mistake, because I was insulted and didn't want to give in to the players in question, everything has to be weighted against me like i'm a criminal. I am especially insulted that even after the situation was resolved I was still hit with a ban. I am also insulted how tasteless the ban note I was hit with was. It wasn't vulgar, it wasn't overly cruel, it was simply incorrect and left a bad taste in my mouth. Repeating what I said earlier, it said I was playing innocent to a mod, though what happened was no play. I did not trick a mod into believing me and nothing about what I told him, or am telling whomever so reads this. The fact that me explaining my side was coined as "playing innocent" angers me. I don't define myself as a bad person, and I don't like the idea of using people. The mod was really nice to me and he gave me a place to build my place in the jungle. I thought it was very kind of him and something he didn't really need to do. The accusation that I was using him hurts me, it really does. It hurts because now that's just something that people think. I don't want that mod to think that because I really did appreciate him and I would never grossly exaggerate something like the ban note implied. In a way, the ban note was almost more insulting than the whole ordeal and that's saying a lot. I repeat, I don't define myself as a bad person; the accusation that I would take players who weren't doing anything, build on their base, and then distastefully lie about the whole ordeal is insulting. I believe that's something someone would do, but it's not what I did and that much would be known if the mod who banned me tried to understand my side. But instead this person listened to the individuals involved, and instead of wanting to talk it through with me, hit me with a ban. In the likely scenario that i'm ignored, the only thing I want to be taken from this is that everything shouldn't be weighted against whoever is being blamed and that sometimes that person has something to say about the ordeal too. Nothing is black and white, and nothing should be looked at as if it is, because it's much more accurate to look at the story in color.

2. nasfi

nasfi Soufla

You didn't get punished for telling your story. You got punished for your actions.

From the start of the situation Byliyth killed you and said that you didn't had permission to build there
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    They asked for you to leave. Yet you didn't. You did say "its coming whether you like it or not". Which doesn't really seem so of a joke
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Then Byliyth asked you again to leave, and you didn't. You rather took it kind of sarcastically.
    This continued for quite a long time with Byliyth asking you to leave, killing you, and you saying that it isn't against the rules.

[​IMG]
    This is where you started your platform at 289.20/h ago
    [​IMG]
    These docks were build slightly longer before your platform, at 289.48/h ago
    Plus, the docks were clearly visible from your platform.
    [​IMG]
    You could've asked for permission to build instead of not listening to them, or just left that place.

I will unban you. If you repeat your actions again you will be banned permanently. Don't disappoint me

3. SonicNJ15

SonicNJ15 Deku Scrub

I'm appreciative of the unban as I enjoy coming to this server for the parkour especially. I thank you for un-banning me. But the reason I had stuck around at first was because I wanted to diffuse the situation so I could build which I tried by not being aggressive. They started killing me after I had mentioned the strip club so I had assumed it was because they didn't trust me or were angry at me for the idea. Because of this reason I thought that there was a chance that I could continue to build if I tried being friendly. Of course they didn't take me as a friend and I can see why as I wasn't forward enough. In hindsight had I just outright said "hey I just wanted to be friends im sorry can I build here?" the whole thing would've been smoother but I didn't. When I said "It's coming whether you. like it or not" I had added afterwards "you need to watch your No-Zones" which refers to the blind spots of a car. The reason I mention this was because the two sentences in tandem say "drivers safety is important and you need it" which was me trying to joke and be funny since I had proposed to build a DMV which was a very dumb thing to put in a jungle village. So while they were stating they wanted to report me It was before I built my platform I did not notice the docks at the time and I'll explain why. I was building the platform and they came from behind and attacked me. I turned around to notice and they continued to kill me. I was focused on the platform and then my focus shifted to the person that was killing me. I had fallen off the platform onto the sand and died. And that's when they had started to kill me every time I did /back. I truly did not notice the docks the whole time I was there. The only time I had actually seen them was when the mod came and pointed them out. Back then he also had told me that they were there before I had built my platform. I didn't believe I was doing anything wrong because I hadn't had seen the docks and assumed I had arrived at my part first. Since while they started killing me they set down torches I assumed they did it while I was being killed. Since I just didn't see the docks when they told me I assumed they were lying. I was wrong. I had stuck around because I thought they were lying, and at this point I felt like I was standing up for myself. They were being very rude, and I thought I was in the right. I wasn't. I just didn't know they had the port there, and I thought that my side of the jungle was fine enough. It felt like I was being punished for telling my story because while the situation was resolved by another mod, I still got banned. The ban note made it feel like "playing innocent to a mod" was the icing on the cake.

I will not repeat my actions again, because as I said in my appeal, I'm not a bad person. Nothing about that situation was me trying to razz them and the first part of it was me trying to fall back into their graces, however terribly I managed to do so. When all hell broke loose It was because I thought I was standing up for myself, not because I wanted to ruin their evening. In fact, I was even more worried about you all thinking that I was acting for the mod then I was about the situation itself afterwards. I don't go out looking for trouble and I had followed them in the first place because I thought we were all going to build a city together. I don't usually go out of /warp dungeons and I usually seclude myself in the parkour section anyways. I really do enjoy the parkour on the server and the dungeons system is something I love so I was very angry to find that I was banned and in my haste had forgotten to specify the important parts of the situation. I focused my energy towards how insulted I had felt rather then the facts which is why my ban appeal is a mess and for that I apologize. I'll just be more submissive if a player tells me to leave rather then try to sort the situation out myself.

nasfi likes this.