Change

Donald Trump 2k16

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by vayanui8, Jan 17, 2016.

1. Ichikuro

Ichikuro Bow wow. I am dog.

The bad part is....it only blocks the people coming in from land...whereas there is boats....airplanes...etc.

vayanui8 likes this.
  2. Niblit

Niblit Hylian Knight

That's actually a gr9 point. Got me there.

3. Feverish

Feverish Bulma appreciation

4. Mergu

Mergu Drowning Staff Member

19 Grey, working at a college is wonderful too <3

As to the comment about civilizations building walls, that's not relevant today. We are not being attacked by hordes of immigrants o-O. The greater threat is warfare elsewhere in fact, hence why our military budget is so large.

GreyCollared likes this.
  5. Niblit

Niblit Hylian Knight

m8 have u even been paying attention to how many violent criminals are coming over here and doing crimes

6. GreyCollared

GreyCollared Ancient Sage

That's just not true buddy, google it if you'd like. Incarciration rates in this country are mostly US born blacks followed by Whites, then Mexican/Puerto Ricans and Asians. If you really wanted to complain about it you could say that drug trafficing from Mexico is getting out of hand, but trust me, we would be importing more by sea and air if we couldn't walk them over.

7. Mergu

Violence is inevitable o-O In fact, the United States has had largely open borders up until the 1900s. The largest threat is drug trafficking, like Grey said.

For a while America was considered the "Melting Pot" of the world.

Edit: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/09/02/open-borders_n_5737722.html

Don't let your school buddies or fox news coax you into the build-a-wall mindset.

Ichikuro likes this.
  8. Niblit

Niblit Hylian Knight

well gee ya know a lot of the Mexican drug cartels are violent, i think that goes without saying

9. Ichikuro

I think the fact that 99 percent of this thread is people throwing up bullshit allegations based on social media or "whats cool to say" should render practically every post invalid.

Is this really even a serious topic?

horcrux2007 and Niblit like this.
  10. Niblit

Niblit Hylian Knight

Your sorta right.
    I think this thread benefits nobody and only causes us to needlessly argue.

11. Feverish

Not 'practically every post' is invalid. There E been very valid points made. The only thing that's 'cool to say' is to stick your mouth over Bernie Sander's dong and scream for him to be president because he has no faults

12. Niblit

Niblit Hylian Knight

The cool thing to do is make jokes about Trump's racist hair.

13. horcrux2007

horcrux2007 Beyonce

I live in the South, so it's a much different story over here.

MasterofZelda14 and GreyCollared like this.
  14. YukkiRose

YukkiRose King of Hyrule

If you'd actually listen to his speeches, he wants Mexico to pay for the wall. He's not against Mexicans like everyone assumes. In fact, he's said time and time again that he's against Mexicans coming in illegally. He's alright with them coming in legally, and he wants a wall to make sure no more criminals from Mexico come in to literally take our jobs and land. He isn't racist at all. He's just blunt about what's really going on in America. The reason you hear about him being racist and dumb is because most of the media literally takes what he says and revamps it to make him look like a terrible man. He wants Mexico to pay for the wall because it would give Mexicans a job and give us a border again. Sounds like a win-win to me.

And on the subject of his speeches sounding like a 4th grader's essay, why don't you actually consider what he's saying rather than bashing him for his tendency to not be formal? He even stated that he refuses to be formal because he is a fighter and doesn't want to look like a stiff freak.

He even wants to get rid of Obamacare. If that's not a blessing then god knows what is. Obamacare is a sin and should not have even existed.

He's fully aware of what's really going on and the amount of corruption our country has sunk into. He's aware, and that's why the news and media want him out, because they're trying to keep the people asleep from the corruption.

At least, that's my p.o.v. on the whole situation. I respect everyone's opinion here and don't want to start a flame war. I'm just baffled because a lot of people belittle Trump without even knowing what he's going to do. I suppose it's just the cool thing to do these days.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2016
    Niblit likes this.
  15. Feverish

That's true, except for the 'they're trying to keep the people asleep from the corruption' part, that sounds far-fetched. Even so, it's his bluntness on situations that could cause trouble. Plus, there's a reason all past presidents were formal. They showed that they knew what they were doing and that they ought to be respected. The media dramatizes what he says but he doesn't exactly have the best choice in words in the first place. And in his little rallies, he says all this great stuff, but never really explains it. To quote an article,"He knows he wants to get rid of Obamacare, but what will he replace it with? “Something Terrific,”he claims. No plans, no ideas, no comprehensive walkthrough of what he dislikes about Obamacare or what, if anything, could be salvaged from the historic legislation… he just wants to get rid of it and replace it. He hasn’t really released comprehensive plans for any facet of his would-be presidency. He did release a “plan” on illegal immigration, if you want to call it that, consisting of just two words: mass deportation." He wouldn't make a good president, but he's starting to be the only choice. Hillary isn't too great either. Hoping for a brokered convention so we can get the zodiac killer in office tbh

vayanui8 likes this.
  16. vayanui8

vayanui8 Senior Bracer

Where did I ever say I thought Trump was racist? I've never said that and know that he isn't. I'm well aware that the media exaggerates his issues, but that doesn't change the fact that he has them, and they could cause serious issues. And no, Mexico will not pay for the wall. The Mexican government is a complete mess, and they gain nothing from paying for it. You claim it will give them jobs, but he never said he was having them build it. He is charging them tariffs to try and get money from it. This is unrealistic and wouldn't be able to pay for the wall, which I will remind you, isn't guaranteed to work and probably won't.

Its not the fact that his speeches are unprofessional, its the fact that hes an asshole during them. If he was actually making a point and happened to be unprofessional it wouldnt be an issue, but hes been disrespectful to everyone. He even said you shouldn't vote for one of his opponents because he thought she was ugly. That crosses the line from being unprofessional to being a prick. He never actually has a plan in any of his speeches. He just says whatever he will do will be great. That means nothing. There's no substance to anything he says.

He may want to get rid of Obamacare, but so does every other Republican candidate. Why should we settle for Trump, when there are other candidates who will also fix that problem. You've given one good thing about trump, but its something that applies to numerous other candidates who don't have the same problems that he does.

17. Mergu

... Could someone explain the logic behind this to me?

Ms_Orihime, GreyCollared and Feverish like this.
  18. Ichikuro

I'm still stuck on the fact people think a physical wall would do anything

theNintengeek and Mergu like this.