Change

Definitely virgiltheonly's very first mod application ever

Discussion in 'Mod Applications' started by virgil, Jun 23, 2017.

1. virgil

virgil Hylian Knight

Well I'm no good at openings, or writing in general, so I'll just cut to the chase and spare everyone the cringe. (sorry Mergu ily)
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Your minecraft username: As the title may suggest, my ign is virgiltheonly, and most people know me as Virg.

Why do you want to be a mod: Well I've been on the server for a little over 4 years, and I feel that I'm fairly well known, and I've always thought of putting in a mod app because like most other people, I want to help the ZC community. Plenty of times when I'm on at around 4am EST there are no mods on, I think I could fill that empty space with my unhealthy sleep schedule.

Do you have a good understanding of the commands a mod uses: I have a decent understanding of the commands that a mod uses, and I have experience (albeit minimal) as an admin on another server that uses a lot of the same commands.
    Here is a list of commands and how to use them as proof:
    /socialspy - toggles socialspy, which allows you to see private messages between users.
    /co inspect - toggles co inspect, allows you to see what blocks were broken/placed by who and how long ago.
    /co rollback u:[username] t:[time] r:[radius] - allows you to undo and blocks broken or placed by a user in a defined time and area of your specification.
    /mute [time] [name] - silences a player from the general chat for an amount of time.
    /jail [time] [name] - sends a player to a jail area where they cannot leave for an amount of time.
    /kick [name] - kicks a player from the server.
    /tempban [time] [name] - will temporarily ban a player from the server for an amount of time.
    /ban [name] - permanently bans a play from the server.

Will you be responsible, calm, mature, and trustworthy: Yes, of course. I will try my best to be as dependable as possible, and remember my duties if problems arise. I will also keep in mind that if I were to become staff that my actions would reflect upon the server, and so I would refrain from making myself and the server look bad.

Now, on to the situational questions.

1. Someone's house has been griefed, what do you do?: First I would talk to the player who was griefed and teleport to them, then once i knew where the griefing took place I would use /co inspect to check the area and see who did what. Once I knew who griefed the area I would ask the griefed player if they knew them and make sure it wasn't a misunderstanding, then I would /co rollback the area if needed and punish the perpetrator accordingly.

Here's how I would handle griefs assuming it is the player's first and only offence:
    1-10 Blocks: If the player is online I would /jail them and give them a warning.
    11-25 Blocks: I would issue a short tempban, from a few hours to a few days depending on the situation. (what kind of blocks were broken, the area they were broken in, etc.)
    26-50 Blocks: Tempban for a week or two depending on the situation.
    51-100 Blocks: Tempban for a month, and I would refer to other moderators/admins
    100+ Blocks: Very long tempban/ban, and I would refer to other moderators/admins

2. Some users are arguing, what do you do?: First I will respectfully address them and see what the problem is, and if we can work it out without escalating it. If the arguing continues or they continually ignore staff members, I will /mute whoever is arguing for several minutes to let them cool down. If it continues even further I will /jail whoever is still arguing, and if it keeps up I will eventually /kick or even /tempban for 30 minutes to an hour if they utterly refuse to calm down.

3. A user is hurling abusive language at you, what do you do?: Again, first I will respectfully yet sternly address them and remind them of the rules of ZC (without being condescending if I can), and politely tell them to cool down. If after the mute is up they continue to hurt abusive language then I will /jail them, and any continued behavior will be met with a /kick and eventually a /tempban for 30 minutes to an hour.

4. Someone enters another person's house without their permission, what do you do?: First I'll talk to them and ask them if they got permission, and if not I will remind them of the rules and ask them to leave. If they stay after that I will /jail them for a few minutes and keep an eye on them for a bit afterwards. Any further problems and I will give an hour or so /tempban.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Thank you for reading and considering my application, any notes for future applications would be appreciated!

DarkMarshal, nasfi, Konata and 6 others like this.
  2. Mergu

Mergu Drowning Staff Member

Block punishments are a bit harsh above 50. To put it into perspective, this is 50 blocks:

upload_2017-6-24_10-37-46.png

Other than that, great app!

MasterofZelda14, virgil and Tenshi like this.
  3. virgil

virgil Hylian Knight

Alrighty, I'll keep that in mind

Tenshi likes this.
  4. LunaEostre

LunaEostre Fated Forerunner

You got a yep from me my dude (o-o)b

virgil and Tenshi like this.
  5. Makoah

Makoah Hylian Citizen

I've know you for quite a while Virg. Most of the time I've know you, you been pretty trustworthy and all around love coming on to the server and spending alot of time with your friends on there. I vote yes.

MasterofZelda14, virgil and Tenshi like this.
  6. kenziebrown

kenziebrown Ginger

This is an really good app! It's the right length, you go into the right amount of detail, and you know what you're talking about. It would be nice if you went into more detail on how exactly to inspect things with /co inspect and if you also talked about /co inspect, but other then that it's perfect. I also like how you didn't put more then needed into the section where we get to know you, but it's always nice for the staff to know more about you then less about you (in the least creepy way possible). Nice app!

Tenshi, MasterofZelda14 and virgil like this.
  7. TravisTouchdown

TravisTouchdown Dori-Kin

I know you for a long time now, and I personally think you're more of a fit for a staff position.
    In other words...

YES

Goupil1233, Tenshi and virgil like this.
  8. DarkMarshal

DarkMarshal Disneylandlord of your intellectual property

9. virgil

virgil Hylian Knight

thank you

Goupil1233, Tenshi and DarkMarshal like this.
  10. PicaroRob

PicaroRob Triforce Sage

For the love of god just get promoted already. YES.

MasterofZelda14, virgil and Konata like this.