Change

DarkLinkArisen's Mod app.

Discussion in 'Mod Applications' started by Banned4, Jul 12, 2018.

1. Banned4

Banned4 Banned

Your minecraft username: DarkLinkArisen
    Why do you want to be a mod: Because I enjoy helping people and bettering the server, as to make the server great for newcomers, because I know the first experience on a server can change your entire viewpoint on the server.
    Do you have a good understanding of the commands a mod uses: I have a decent understanding, I learn quickly, but I don't know any world edit commands.
    Will you be responsible, calm, mature, and trustworthy: Yes, and I will always try to understand any circumstance as to properly punish those who deserve it, and I will never abuse my powers as a moderator.

1. Someone's house has been griefed, what do you do? I would approach the individual who griefed the house, and depending on the seriousness of the griefing, i may ban, jail, or kick the user for it. Afterwards I would go to the house that was griefed and rollback the property.

2. Some users are arguing, what do you do? Depending on the reason(s) the argument was started, and how serious the users language is, a kick or jail may be required, if they begin to verbally assault others who try to help i would issue a kick.

3. A user is hurling abusive language at you, what do you do? Depending on the level of language used, i would most likely jail the user. Were it to continue, or be hurled at others, I would kick the user.

4. Someone enters another person's house without their permission, what do you do? It depends on the reason this happened, if it was an accident i.e they went into the wrong house (I've done it before) I would pardon them, were it to happen again and again, I would temporarily jail the user. Were the user to harm the player's house or take anything I would kick them, gamemode and restore the item(s) that were stolen.

I Hope this is a decent application, if I dont get it accepted, oh well, I can try again when i'm not such a nuisance (Thanks Mac XD) But in all seriousness, i thank everyone who looks at this application, as criticism is necessary to be bettered. -Dark

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
  2. nasfi

nasfi Soufla

App vote: No.

First off, you were very inactive, you started being somewhat active this week.

You did not include your timezone, but that's not as important, though it helps know what times the person would be "available" for mod work. You didn't include the commands you know that a mod uses (would be helpful to know how good you know the commands).

I don't think you would need to look at the griefer, and punish before you do the rollback. A rollback shows exactly how many blocks worth of damage the griefer did to the place.

Wouldn't you try to help to solve the arguement peacefully? If you just kick them and tell them to stop, that'll just make them more angry in most cases. And somewhat same applies with the abusive language, it could be solved without an instant jail/mute.

How do you break inside the wrong house/break in by accident?

Also moderators don't have access to gamemode. As bugalet has said in other mod apps, you could look in other mod apps to find examples of the commands, and the punishments.

Thank you for applying and have a good day!