Change

Command Blocks are here!

Discussion in 'ZeldaCraft' started by Mergu, Oct 4, 2015.

1. Mergu

Mergu Drowning Staff Member

I'm sure plenty of you have heard, but if you haven't, I want to set it straight: Justice, Kate, and I are able to edit and use command blocks now. This is huge news for the server, and several projects are already under way!

I've had a few people already ask me to place command blocks in their dungeons, and I want to touch on the requirements for receiving command blocks in both finished dungeons and also dungeons under construction.

1. The command block must make relative sense to use. I will not go around replacing all your iron doors with command block teleports.

2. If you are going to use a command block to teleport a player, you must map out your x, y, and z increments and have those at the ready. Also be sure to have the command block in the right spot; moving it will alter your teleports so once it's placed refrain from moving it. Teleporting to an exact location will not work because once we paste your dungeon into the dungeons world, that location will change.

In order to see how far you need to go, press f3 and look at your x, y, and z coordinates. Move in one direction to determine whether you're moving in a positive or negative x or z direction. You can find more information on this online if you're not already familiar with it.

3. I would like to strongly encourage previously unavailable features being added to new dungeons (for instance, filling a room with smoke or other particles, giving large speed or jump boosts, playing sounds or animations, testing for player movement, etc).

I want to also use this thread as an opportunity for you all to tell me what ideas you have for the server at this point. Hit me with 'em.

2. Benjehamaus

Benjehamaus The Hero of Legend

Does this mean our spawn zone can remain PVP free again, now that people can set their spawn points to be the PVP Skyloft?

3. Mergu

Mergu Drowning Staff Member

The respawn issue to skyloftpvp has been (semi) fixed with a teleport command block. Player spawnpoint will likely remain right at the front with all the signs, considering you can just warp to another area if you like. Pvp at spawn is the best way to go for now, but plans for team deathmatches with individual class perks are in progress.

4. Feverish

Feverish Bulma appreciation

Good god this should've been done a long time ago

5. vayanui8

vayanui8 Senior Bracer

the new staff particles are pretty sick

6. Pollioni

Pollioni Writer

So I can finish my dungeon now? Yay