Change

Charles' third mod app

Discussion in 'Mod Applications' started by Charles the Uzi, Feb 19, 2018.

1. Charles the Uzi

Charles the Uzi Hylian Citizen

I made a new one because this one is different from my old one. Enjoy!

My Minecraft username: Yung__Charles (I have also gone as cdthenarwhal and uzi_official)

Time zone: GMT-6

Why do I want to be a mod?: I would like to be a mod because I have come to love the server known as ZeldaCraft. I had a rocky start, but I have come to be great with most of the players and staff alike. Most of the time I like to give out free diamond gear to inexperienced players. I’m a junior instructor at my local martial arts academy, and I have come to work well with people. I am also in Beta club and enjoy doing service projects to better my small community that I live in. I have a problem with hackers and feel like they ruin the experience for other players. They also set a really bad example for new players. I also know I’ve only been on the server for around 5 months now, but I have made great relationships with most people so I won’t let that weigh me down. I was gonna leave, but I am hoping if I get mod, I can help the server out in the long run.

Do you have a good understanding of the commands a mod uses: I have looked a quite a few successful and unsuccessful mod apps to make sure I had a really good understanding of most if not all the commands a moderator can use:

Coreprotect:

/co help will display the commands of Coreprotect

/co rollback rolls back old data. Next part makes it specific on what needs to be rolled back

u: (insert player username) this ensures that only that players blocks are removed to avoid chaos by deleting too much

t: (insert amount of time) how long ago the items need to be rolled back

r: (insert radius of blocks) makes sure only blocks in the specified area

a: (insert an action) This can be used to check a multitude of things such as chat logs, mobs killed, logins logouts, etc.

e: (insert block id) This allows a block to not be rolled back if not wanted or needed

b: (insert block id) makes it to where rollback could only include a certain block

Example: /co rb u:Yung__charles t:5h r:20

/co inspect allows me to see who placed/destroyed what blocks

/co restore restores block data (mostly used to undo co rollback)

/co lookup looks through the data of blocks

/co purge t: ( insert time) only leaves block data from a specific time(only use this one under EXTREME scenarios)

Punishments:

/tempban (user) (time) (reason) Temporarily bans the player for the specified amount of time. Usually used to get a point across about breaking the rules

/ban (username) (reason) Permanently removes the player from the server(unless appealed)

/unban (username) unbans the player if appeal is approved (pardon should do the same thing)

/banip (ip/username) prevents players from logging into alts by banning their ip

/unbanip (ip/username) unbans the ip of player

/mute (username) (time) mutes player for amount of time

/unmute (username) unmutes said player

/kick (username) (reason) usually used as a warning

/jail (username) (time) can be used as a warning but not as serious as a ban

/unjail (username) unjails player

Other:

/socialspy (on/off) Can see private messages

/party spy allows mod to see party chats

/fly U become part bird and can move around in the air

/tpo (username1) (username2) tps a player to another player

/v

Will you be responsible, calm, mature, and trustworthy:

I will be calm, mature, and trustworthy because I know it’s the best way to prevent new players from becoming toxic. :) lead by example!

Questions:

Note that with all of these I would remind the players to do /rules

1. Someone's house has been griefed, what do you do? I would find the house of the poor fellow who had been griefed and used /co inspect to see who the culprit was. I would then /co rollback all blocks or things that had been destroyed, stolen or killed. After that comes punishment times.

· 1-5 blocks 1st: warning 2nd: 1 hour jail time 3rd: hour jail time

· 6-10 blocks 1st : warning 2nd: 1 hour jail time 3rd: 2-3 hour jail time

· 11-20 blocks 1st: 6 hour ban 2nd: 12 hour ban: 3rd:1 day ban

· 21-30 blocks 1st: 1 day ban 2nd:2 day ban 3rd: 4 day ban

· 31-40 blocks: 1st: 5 day ban 2nd: 6 day ban 3rd: 8 day ban

· 41-50 blocks 1st:10 day ban 2nd: 12 day ban 3rd: 14 day ban

· 51-75 blocks 1st: 15 day ban 2nd: 18 day ban 3rd: 20 day ban

· 76-100 blocks 1st: 20 day ban 2nd: 21 day ban 3rd: 24 day ban

· 100+: Perm ban:In my opinion, if you are griefing over 100 blocks, there is no excuse for that. If a build is that big, people have probably put Massive time into that build and you had that audacity to do that, then there is almost no room for excuses.

2. Some users are arguing, what do you do? First, I would ask the users what they could be fighting about trying to resolve it in a peaceful manner with a slight warning. If said arguing would to continue, I would kick them with a reason of “stop the fighting now”. If they ignore me, I would jail them for 5-15 minutes, depending on the severity of the argument( language, racial slurs, sexual orientation jokes, all caps, etc.) If this would continue after that, I would temp ban them for around a day to really let their brains cool and have them relax. If for some unholy reason this were to continue, it would be notified by higher staff to see what to do about it. This could mean longer bans or very long mutes.

3. A user is hurling abusive language at you, what do you do? I would ask them what is the reason they are throwing language at me, giving a slight warning. If this were to continue I would mute them for maybe 10 minutes just so they know I’m being serious. If this were to continue, I would then ban for a day to let them cool off. Same as the last one, if it continues after that, I would have other staff help me resolve the issue.

4. Someone enters another person's house without their permission, what do you do? I would start off by asking the person what their reason was to enter the house and then tpo them out. At the same, I would ask the culprit in private chat if anything was stolen to make sure the other player doesn’t try anything sneaky. Then, I would double-check with inv-see. If something was stolen just a day ban to start off. However, if they break into the house again I will have to jail them for around 20 minutes. If it continues I would temp ban for a day with the severity going up as it goes along.

Conclusion: I hope people look at my app,

Thanks for your love

- Uzi or Charles

P.S. Sry for any misspellings

P.P.S surprised I spelled Misspelled right

Hey Hyrule likes this.
  2. Charles the Uzi

Probably should have cleared this up earlier, but I am staying with ZeldaCraft for the time being. I really want to see this community thrive again and I hope I can help with that!

Mergu likes this.
  3. Redsheep67

Redsheep67 Lucifer's Lover

I’m going to say this for the next mod generation to come, I’m saying yes, as long as you’re still interested. This isn’t a yes because your a good friend of mine but simply because you’ve persisted in changing and making your actions better on this server. I feel like you deserve this just as much as anyone else, you’ve cleaned up your act and turned a new leaf. I feel like you deserve a chance.

Charles the Uzi likes this.
  4. Charles the Uzi

Ty Red!