Change

Builder re-application

Discussion in 'Builder Applications' started by Andre, Sep 22, 2019.

1. Andre

Andre Deku Scrub

Hello, my name is Andre (andreasakis9) (ToonLink in game) I applied to be builder about two years ago, and I was accepted! I had some problems in real life which caused me to start to become inactive. I was demoted and my builder rank was taken away. I would like to say I will be active from now on, on the Zelda craft server and start fresh with my application. I have been on this server for about 4 years, and I have experience with building. I have built builds like Ikana Canyon (Pretty much finished) and my solo project Forest haven form the Wind Waker (30% done) I also am working on the southern swamp from Majoras Mask. Here are some pictures of my builds that I would like to share with everybody.

Attached Files:

SuSAliens likes this.
  2. nasfi

nasfi Soufla

3. greenleeuw

greenleeuw Hylian Knight

well nas just took the words out of my mouth(as always) but here we go anyways
    Its great to see you come back I also know how you build and its pretty good
    but my answer will be a Maybe too simply because you didn't follow the template fully

hope you have a good night/day

4. mrwobblers

mrwobblers Hylian Knight

For the same reasons as Green and Nas, it will be a maybe from me too.
    You're a pretty good builder, but you didn't follow the template well enough.

5. Andre

Andre Deku Scrub

Thanks for the responses guys I will repost the things I did not cover from the template here.
    My name is Andre, I am from the U.S (Eastern TimeZone) and I am 16
    I have been on ZC for about 4 years

My background in building I have been a builder on the ZC server before but then I had some irl problems and my pc broke causing me to be inactive, I have built things on the server like Ikana Canyon and working on the Forest Haven from Wind waker

I have some experience with voxel sniper and have watched some tutorial videos on it, and I'm experienced with world edit, as I have used WE before when I was previously a builder on the server.

I have very good experience with the Zelda series and I have played games like Ocarina of Time, Majors Mask, the Wind Waker (My favorite), some of twilight princess, a link between worlds, spirit tracks, phantom hourglass, triforce heroes (Don't know if that game counts lol) and all of breath of the wild.

I am looking to contribute to the ZeldaCraft community by building things from the Zelda universe and replicating them to perfection. I want people to join the server and be in amazement about how detailed, creative, and cool the replicated Zelda builds look. I want the people to stay on the server, and admire the Zelda builds and strive to become great builders themselves, and help me and all of the ZeldaCraft server keep going and thriving. I like to build Zelda builds from Majora's Mask and windmaker specifically, though I can build from whatever Zelda game the server wants. If they want a Minish cap build, I will go play minish cap and watch videos to help me recreate a nostalgic piece of Time that makes people happy to be able to experience in the world of Minecraft.

The pictures are on the thread above that I previously posted if you need more pictures of my builds just let me know. I'm sorry that I didn't follow the template before and I hope that this reply helps thank you guys for giving me another chance :D.
    -Andre

Last edited: Sep 29, 2019
  6. Mac

Mac Animu Chiald

So many maybes. I guess I’m not helping the trend though, it’s a maybe from me, and here’s why.
    I feel your builds are very bland. I know they are remade versions of LoZ maps, but I feel moving forward we should take more creative liberty with the recreations as the old games had poor graphics. It is more fun if the environment feels more natural, like you’re Link exploring the worlds yourself.
    I just want to see how you are with making an area seem more exotic and pleasing to look at. Eg. Our Lumpy Pumpkin

nasfi likes this.
  7. DungenMastor

DungenMastor Deku Scrub

Im going to say Yes. I agree with Mac that we need to add our own creativity to the maps we recreate. But the bland textures and the exact recreation is a starting point. It grasps that feel that you are actually playing the game. The aspect that you know the commands helps alot since the more updates that come out for World Edit the faster and smoother building becomes. I think that you being a past builder is great since you know that we are shooting for high quality builds and are always striving to be more detailed then then last. The builds you have shown are really good ground work and have great potential. I look forward to building with you as one of the server builders.

nasfi likes this.
  8. Andre

Andre Deku Scrub

thanks @DungenMastor I agree with Mac too, and I will to the best of my ability add my own creative touches to my builds. For Ikana Canyon it is a drab and dull area that is why there is not too much creativeness from myself in it but I do agree with him that I need to add more spice and creativity to it thank you.

9. Ichikuro

Ichikuro Bow wow. I am dog.

Not going to lie. I'm excited to see you back. You work hard at building, and most of your builds are pretty exact in terms of Zelda (placements, heights, etc.). My problem with this is you've left twice now. Yes, for your own reasons and etc but you didn't even come back to let us know what was going on. (which we just talked about in DM). I'm going to say maybe as well until you prove your activity level isnt going to drop after a week.

Then we'll see.

Andre and nasfi like this.
  10. Andre

Andre Deku Scrub

Here is something I put together in the last couple of days. It is Tarry town from breath of the wild with my own creativity in it. I am about 80% finished with it.

Attached Files:

nasfi likes this.
  11. Mac

Mac Animu Chiald

Fuck yeah! That's what I'm talking about my dude! Changing my vote to a yes for suuuure!

Andre likes this.
  12. mrwobblers

mrwobblers Hylian Knight

Along with Mac, I will be updating my vote to a yes :D

Mac and Andre like this.
  13. greenleeuw

greenleeuw Hylian Knight

Given that you uploaded the app with the right template.
    Ans you showed us that build my vote will change to a yes too

Mac and Andre like this.
  14. nasfi

nasfi Soufla

Seems like people are going towards a yes, then I'm gonna side with the group and also change to a yes

Though let it be known that if you disappear without a trace again, don't expect to get it back again

Mac and Andre like this.
  15. Banned_

Banned_ Banned

Surprised I haven't left my vote on your application yet. Definite yes from me :)

Mac and Andre like this.
  16. Andre

Andre Deku Scrub

Thanks guys I won't leave again and if it ends up happening I will communicate and try to work something out.

Mac and nasfi like this.
  17. virgil

virgil Hylian Knight

I know I'm a bit late to this but it's a yes from me as well!

Andre and Mac like this.