Change

BryceTheEevee's Mod application

Discussion in 'Mod Applications' started by BryceTheEevee, Jul 30, 2019.

1. BryceTheEevee

BryceTheEevee Deku Scrub

INTRO

Hello to the higher ups on ZeldaCraft. I have been debating applying for mod for a couple of months now. there was a period here where I was unable to be online on the server due to life events but I now feel that I am free enough to apply. I have been a part of the ZeldaCraft community for quite a long time. i dont even remember when i joined. i was somewhere around 12 or 13 i believe. I am now 18 and i feel as if i have matured as a person enough to help support this amazing community. i'd also like to mention i am not on the discord server at this time. but i have full intent to join it to keep up with current events. my reason for that is I'm barely in any discord servers whatsoever, only being in 2 at the time of writing this

BASIC INFORMATION
    1. My Minecraft Username is "BryceTheEevee" though i have gone through several different name changes on the server throughout the years. i started with "SonicTheDeku" if memory serves me right. I've also had "SonicTheEevee" as my name I'd Prefer to be called Bryce though, as its my real name, and what most people know me as online these days
    2. i live in the US, Michigan is in eastern time (EST) so if math serves me well that would be GMT+20 or GMT-4 however you would like it formated.
    3. i am 18 years old as of may 22 2019 i wanted to wait till i was 18 to apply so i could be more mature in my duty as staff if i were to become one
    4. i want to be a moderator of zeldacraft because frankly its my favorite minecraft server i have ever played on, and the community has brung me out of deep pits of sadness multiple times in my life. I feel like its my time to contribute back to the community and help make it a better place i also have many friends who play on this server and i feel like i know the community quite well. there has been times i have had to dip away from this amazing server due to life but theres not much i can control about that as it currently stands there's nothing stopping me from joining daily and keeping up with current server events. i feel as if i have a good understanding of moderation commands as well. i know the ins and outs of minecraft and spigot and are willing to help players who need it
    5. moderators must use commands when players are misbehaving. i have read over every command on the application guide and i knew how to use these commands for the most part anyways. im going to list the commands and what they do
    • /jail: should be used when a player is acting up. or he just needs to cool down. typically you should use a couple minutes only for players that need to cool down. but if there breaking the rules you should jail them longer, depending on the serverity of the rule they are breaking
    • /tempban: is the main command that should be used for banning a player. temp bans should be used when a player has broken rules repeatedly and wont stop. for example if someone has been jailed multiple times and refuses to quit breaking rules. time for a temp ban again depends on severity of how badly the player is breaking the rules, and how many times they've done so
    • /ban: the last resort. only use this command if its absolutely needed. if a player wont stop after multiple temp bans and is still griefing or doing other severe rule breaks. then you should perm ban them they should be used as little as possible though.
    • /co inspect: is used to find out who griefed and area. you can tell what blocks were broken and placed with this command
    • /co rollback: this is the command used to undo players actions in terms of block placement and grief. you set the player name time and radius also you must put an H after the time to specify hours
    6. i feel as though i am ready mentally to apply for this position i am very responsible with power. and i know not to abuse it i am usually very calm and i always try to put my best foot forward and be polite i feel like the server does trust me

Questions

1. if someone has griefed someones house i should first check out the damage done to the house with /co inspect i can place a block to see who removed one. and "destroy" one to see who placed one (so right / left click respectively) after accessing who has griefed the house i should then rollback the grief with the command "/co rollback u:[the player who did the grief's name] t:[the time i would like to rollback put an H for hours] r:[the radius of the rollback. very important unless you want to rollback everything that player has done] afterwords punish the player accordingly temp ban preferably
    2. if some users are arguing with each other i should first try to get them to calm down. if neither of them are willing to stop mute one at a time and hear both sides to let them get through. basically have a friendly chat with them. if that doesn't work or one side is claiming the other broke rules then i should investigate the situation as well. if needed mute them both for 5 minutes and another 5 if needed
    3. if someone is hurling abusive language at me i would first ask them to try to calm down. as people usually don't act for no reason. if they do not calm down i will mute them for 10 minutes if they do calm down i will talk with them and ask why they were cussing me out and if i did anything to annoy them in any way. as that is never my intent if i do somehow annoy them i will apologize for my actions regarding them myself as well.
    4. if someone is found in someone else's house without there permission i would first ask them to leave. if they do not leave in five minutes or start looting i will either ask what they are doing, if there stuck i will help them get out so they do not have to grief the house however if they are looting the house i will apply punishment to the player, starting with jail time and making them return stolen items. as i consider stealing a form of grief after 10 minutes if there still just standing there i will teleport them directly outside the house and give them a warning to not do it again
    CLOSING

thank you for considering me as a moderator on this wonderful server. i will be joining the discord server soon however if you need to contact me sooner my tag is:
    Bryce The Eevee#5300
    i appreciate any and all feedback from you and cant wait to hear back!

GrayPsi likes this.
  2. Mac

Mac Animu Chiald

Hey Bryce, thanks for applying :3

To be a moderator on the server you have to be a friendly and reliable person, a person people feel comfortable with and feel that they can depend on them. You have to be an outgoing person that reaches out to people, and helps others without expecting anything in return.
    To be a mod you have to make a name for yourself. People have to know your personality and traits just by hearing your name. Unfortunately Bryce, I don’t think you have this particular social position at the moment. Whenever I am personally online at the same time as you, you seem to be reclusive, only talking to certain people, and staying quiet the majority of the time. For this reason I am going to give you a no for now.
    You should work on being more involved in the community. Talk to more people, help others if needed and something quite important is to talk to staff members.
    The staff works as a team. The team runs smoother when we all are comfortable with each other, and know each other deciently well.
    Continue to learn about core protect and read other applications from past and present staff members to see the average punishments we give, as yours seemed a bit too loose to me.
    If you work on these points I’m sure your next app will have better luck :3

One last thing, this app gave me a headache to read omg. Capitals my man, they’re useful.

3. BryceTheEevee

BryceTheEevee Deku Scrub

Ah. Well sorry about the caps. I will for sure try to be more open with people on the server then, and i'll be sure to put in some research into core protect as well. I'll read some other mod apps as well in the mean time. Thanks for reading it despite the headache i gave, even if it is a no i appreciate you taking the time! I guess i might buy svip in the mean time. anything i can do to support this server. ^-^

4. nasfi

nasfi Soufla

Been a long time since I've seen a decent mod app. It's very well formed. About questions and such, stealing/looting is a form of grief and needs to be punished in case it happens. I'd like to see a sort of scale for your punishements in case of a grief too (e.g 10-31.5 blocks = 9 years ban, etc). I am sadly going to have to disagree with Mac here

I've seen you quite a lot of times online, and you were fairly active, but not as often in those past 1-2 months (for reasons you stated above).

Another note is that there's a bit more commands a mod should know, those are purely the basic ones.

With those things in mind, I am going to go for a maybe, consider what we told you, and good luck on your next app

5. greenleeuw

greenleeuw Hylian Knight

nas just took the words out of my mouth.
    So time to say exactly the same.

I would like to see a scale of what you will punish griefers for like "10-20 blocks = 30 min jail"

you can maybe ask other mods to what commands can be useful and stuff that way you get more known with the commands and you get more involved with the staff team

if you work on those things its gonna be a yes from me but for now its a maybe