Change

Bottle's Mod Application

Discussion in 'Mod Applications' started by Bottle :P, Nov 21, 2015.

1. Bottle :P

Bottle :P Hylian Citizen

Your minecraft username: BottleTopped

Why do you want to be a mod:
    I have been on this server for a while, have achieved Trusted rank, and kept trusted for about two years(Extremely rough estimate), and just in general really enjoy the server and its people! This server has been in my life for about three years or so, so I want to try to pay it back by helping to protect it!

Do you have a good understanding of the commands a mod uses:
    Yes, I will list some very important ones. (I know It's a lot but bear with me :3)

/kick {username} {reason}:
    Kicks a player from the server.

/tempban {username} {time(in seconds)} {reason}:
    Temporarily bans a player from the server.

/ban {username} {reason}:
    Permanently bans the player from the server.

/mute {username} {time}:
    Mutes a player for a specified amount of time. Erase the {time} portion to mute the player permanently.

/jail {player} {jail} {time}:
    Jail a player for a specified amount of time. Take out time for a permanent jail until you or another moderator/higher releases them.

/co inspect:
    Enters you into CoreProtect inspection mode.

/co rollback t:{time(in seconds)} r:{radius} u:{username}:
    Rolls back the actions of a specific player.

/co restore {same parameters I said in /co rollback}:
    Restores block data from users.

/co purge {number of months before you want to purge}:
    Purges (or deletes) block data. To use it, here's an example: /co purge 5 will delete ALL block data older than 5 months.

/co lookup {params}:
    Advanced block logging searches.

/tp {player}:
    Teleport you to another player.

/tp {player} {player}:
    Teleport the first player to the second player.

/tphere {player}:
    Teleport another player to you.

/tpo or /tpohere {player}: Overrides another player's teleportation preferences, and teleports you to them/them to you.

/tptoggle {on/off}:
    Toggles TPA requests from other players on and off.

/fly:
    Allows you to fly.

Will you be responsible, calm, mature, and trustworthy, and how do you express these traits:
    Yes, I swear I will be responsible, calm, and trustworthy. I show these traits by, in real life, I get all of my work done that I am assigned. Whether that is schoolwork, or instructions by my parents, I always make an effort to do something when I am told to do it. I am generally a very excited and energetic person, but if given the need to do so, I can be calm and level-headed for as long as I am required to do so. I will be mature because I am 17, almost 18, and as I said in the last statement, I am usually a very energetic person, but I can control my energy enough to where I can be mature if required. I am trustworthy because I don't generally try to act out for attention or do any harm on purpose. I see people in my school making scenes for attention in all of my classes, when everyone else is just sitting there watching them. I have the kind of personality where I can be trusted to carry out certain tasks, not act out, obey the rules, and in general make the server a safer, more drama-free place.

And answer these questions:

1. Someone's house has been griefed, what do you do?
    First, I would teleport to the person who was griefed. Then, I would see who committed the griefing with /co inspect, then I would roll back the griefing with /co rollback and ban the griefer with /ban. Depending on the severity of the grief, this punishment may range from a jail to a permanent ban.

2. Some users are arguing, what do you do?
    I would first ask them to calm down and explain to me what they were arguing about, then I would ask them to state their own version of the disagreement. After, I would listen to each player's side of the story, take a small amount of time to think about it, and deliver my judgement.

3. A user is hurling abusive language at you, what do you do?
    Personally, I would first just ask them to stop and calm down. If they kept it up, I would mute them for a while, depending on the kind of language, and how its severity. If they still persisted further, I would just end up temp-banning them for a day or two, to give them time to calm down.

4. Someone enters another person's house without their permission, what do you do?
    It truly depends. Entering a person's house that quit the server or left that house isn't a violation of the rules. But, if the owner of the house is making a conscious(Yes that is a word) effort to make the person leave and the offender is just being stubborn, I would teleport to the person who's house is being entered, and ask the intruder to leave. If they did not, I would teleport them to me with /tphere, and make it so that they would not be in the house any longer. If they, perhaps, set a home, I may jail/kick them, depending on how many times they repeat going back to the house.

Additional Information: I just want to thank mak (Mark) for creating the server. When I first saw this come up on google search, I thought it would be another server I would leave immediately. But, something made me stick with it, and I think that was because it is a genuinely good server. This is could also be another reason to why I would like to become a mod, to protect the server from griefers, hackers, and people who attempt to hold the server back from being great.

~Bottle :p

Last edited: May 10, 2017
    Schmischie likes this.
  2. Bottle :P

*Bump cus I'm like on the 30th page :pPPP*

3. Bottle :P

*More bumps* :D

4. Bottle :P

*bump again*

5. LunaEostre

LunaEostre Fated Forerunner

This thread's like 6 months old.. Instead of bumping one this old, maybe you should take a crack at making a new one o3o

Konata likes this.
  6. Bottle :P

Well, please don't take offense to this, but why would I recreate a new application when I could just update my already decent answers with better, more thorough explanations? Also, in my opinion, the application should be judged on the content it contains rather than its age. (Please don't be offended :) )

MasterofZelda14 likes this.
  7. LunaEostre

LunaEostre Fated Forerunner

theres nothin wrong with updating a current app and resubmitting it, in fact we'd actually prefer that over bumping old apps o3o

8. Bottle :P

Alright, sure. Good compromise. :)