Change

Ban role-play [debate]

Discussion in 'ZeldaCraft' started by Guttingamer, Mar 23, 2013.

?

Ban role-play?

1. Yes.

64.7%
  2. No.

35.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guttingamer

Guttingamer Triforce Sage

A great deal of people have been against role-play and as a main supporter of the cause to ban it, I think it's time something be done. Everyone is tired of the amount of drama brought to the server by it and how it's contributing to the downfall of ZeldaCraft's community. I am NOT talking about the RPG plugin Mark made, I'm talking about in-game marriages, in-game families, in-game actions (such as using the /me command to describe every action taken), etc.

If you are agree with me, state why, and if you can, give a reason why role-play pisses you off too.

If you disagree with me, state why, and if you can, give me a reason why role-play should stay.

Have fun and be mature!

2. Massivive

Massivive Hylian Hero

I think we should stop extreme roleplays (frickin MINECRAFT marriages, really?!?) but minor roleplay is fine, or at least, it can be done well and not be annoying.

3. Linked Dimentio

Linked Dimentio The Vanguard

I saw some roleplay, i hated it, i kicked it's a** (dbz abridged reference)

I hate the roleplay, it is so annoying, all this roleplay sounds like a bad fanfic. i might add some more when i think of it.

4. Pollioni

Pollioni Writer

Can we maybe come to a compromise? Zelda games are about adventure. That kinda what rp is. Adventure. Now rp DOES fill the chat if it is large. But maybe. We can get a certain chat for minecraft players and rpers. Idk if this is possible. But if so it would be perfect for this server. That's my opinion.

5. pokemario24

pokemario24 Hero of Time

role-play pisses me of because when I joined this server, I expected talking about TLOZ! And what did I get? A drama class

6. Pollioni

Pollioni Writer

XD ya it does sound a bit like that. I should know cause I go to an arts school.

7. pokemario24

pokemario24 Hero of Time

it sucks

8. CarnivalOfTime

CarnivalOfTime Hylian Knight

I'm not going to lie,I find it cringy. I hate coming on and hearing people making up bad fan fiction on the spot about how they're demons and stuff. People pretending they're half-human/wolf beings and doing "(/me) howls at the moon. (/me) growls at (user) . ZC isn't meant as a RP server and it's morphed into one.

Minor RP I think is fine, when you're not purposely starting a whole large story. For example, being like "CarnivalOfTime punches (user) in the face".

It clogs up the chat and if people like RP, there are many roleplay servers. Sorry if this offends anyone, but I just want to be truthful. It's one the main reasons I don't come on that much anymore.

9. pokemario24

pokemario24 Hero of Time

Well said Hales

10. pokemario24

pokemario24 Hero of Time

Compromises are for lesser souls, die werewolf zombie~Tracy Jordan (30 Rock)

11. mitchell

mitchell Triforce Disciple

GOT ROOT BEER?

12. skyrimnord12

skyrimnord12 Banned

I vote "Ban role play"

reason:
    1. Minecraft is a game in which you can build and place blocks to the point where you can make spectacular creations. I still do this, and I find it difficult to concentrate when people wont shut up about their fake lives.

2. Griefing
    I once built a house. It was a marvelous creation (saying something for me). It took me so long to build. Then comes Little Miss MCZeldakid barging into my house saying that I was her "daddy" and she was my "daughter". She brought with her some friends. together they demolished my stuff, and stole my items. They said the items were "shared between us".

3. Chat
    When I'm building, and concentrating on things, the chat is always clogged up. Its filled with useless things like:
    "Come here baby, I'll help you!" -01Zeldagirl
    "Sure thing, Mom!" -werew12
    I mean, come on! Really? It is so annoying.

4. Distraction of Duties
    As I quoted above, 01Zeldagirl, and other mods role play. It distracts them from their mod duties. I can never get an answer from mods who role play when I get griefed. E.G.
    "ZG, can u pls help me? i got griefed." -skyrimnord12
    "Jr. your daddy will be home soon!" -01zeldagirl
    "ZG, can u lease help me? i really dont have the supplies to fix this." -skyrimnord12
    "Oh, I dont know where your daddy is. I hope he's safe!
    This kept going on for like 5 more minutes

5. Corruption of Mods
    I wont say much for this topic, because it involves an active mod who griefed 01Zeldagirls castle because he wanted to be "Groose Jr."

I have a lot to say about this topic because it has effected me enough. Well, there you have it. I have had enough of all this role playing.

13. gabocore

gabocore Olympus Lord

Wow 10 yes 2 no. Roleplay sucks and makes kids think that they have problems in their fake lifes leading to a lot of drama. BAN ROLEPLAY

14. Guttingamer

Okay, we have come to the conclusion that role-play be banned. So if Mark doesn't officially implement this rule then I suppose the mods can, or even Gabocore because he is an admin and he should have the power to do that.

vayanui8 and pokemario24 like this.
  15. Moveit77

Moveit77 Time Lord

NO. KEEP ROLEPLAY.

16. Guttingamer

Majority rules.

skyrimnord12 and pokemario24 like this.
  17. vayanui8

vayanui8 Senior Bracer

Thank God this crap has always been a problem, but it's been getting even once

18. pokemario24

pokemario24 Hero of Time

NNNNNOOOOOO

vayanui8 likes this.
  19. gabocore

gabocore Olympus Lord

Shut up

20. pokemario24

pokemario24 Hero of Time

:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.