Change

Ban Appeal (Vulture5082371)

Discussion in 'ZeldaCraft Reports & Ban Appeals' started by FunniGuyLOL420, Jan 26, 2020.

Tags:
  1. FunniGuyLOL420

FunniGuyLOL420 Deku Scrub

I was banned for "saying a racial slur."

What actually said was a meme, it was this video right here .

I had no clue that it was against the rules, I've been a user on the server for years. Instead of telling me that it was against the rules or even telling me not to do it again, Cowlio banned me. I have no prior bans, no prior warnings, violations, etc. I was simply saying a meme into chat to see if I could get some laughs but, instead, I was banned and treated like a criminal. Not to mention, instead of a 24 hour ban, I was given a permaban.

2. Coolio723

Coolio723 Hylian Hero Staff Member

Meme or not, rules are rules. I've played this server for... 6 years? And I've been aware that racial slurs are a no-go the whole time. Servers, like ours, are not very tolerant when it comes to racial slurs, and you saying it out of context makes it appear even worse. You were not treated like a "criminal," you were given a fair punishment. If you were to get unbanned, you'd probably end up with a permanent mute, but we'll have to see what the others think.

3. nasfi

nasfi Soufla Staff Member

Well, I mean, it *was* a racial slur.

If it was a meme or not does not really mean that you're allowed to use it just because it was a meme. If you were unsure, like you said, it wouldn't hurt to ask a moderator, since they were online at the time. Not to mention the fact that it was the second thing you said when you joined.

4. greenleeuw

greenleeuw Hylian Knight Staff Member

Racial slurs are a no no for me too eventhough it was a "meme".
    I hope you now learned not to throw random words arround