Change

Angels mod application (DONE BEING UNDER CONSTRUCTION!) BUT WAIT THERES MORE

Discussion in 'Mod Applications' started by _AngelHeart, Jun 24, 2017.

1. _AngelHeart

_AngelHeart Deku Scrub

Your minecraft username: _AngelHeart.

Why do you want to be a mod:
    I would love to be a mod because of many reasons. I've missed being a mod and helping people and getting to fix things and solve things. I am not even in this for the title, my favorite thing in the world is to make peoples days happier and to be able to help people enjoy this server is my dream. I've noticed many mods haven't been on as often as i am also so this could be my chance to be able to help this wonderful community i so love. Do not get me wrong there are some mods that come on frequent! I am on nearly half the day and i think i could be a great add to the team! Everyone on this server is so lively and lovely, it is by my far my favorite community I have joined, and i will not be leaving any time soon. I hope by being mod to make this server as it is set out to be, fun and friendly just as everyone has shown me. There are so many griefers that join and some very unkind people, I plan to help organize the crazy shenanigans that may occur! I would love to give back everything this server has given me.

SO without further ado!

Last edited: Jun 25, 2017
  2. _AngelHeart

_AngelHeart Deku Scrub

Do you have a good understanding of the commands a mod uses:

Commands are a huge part of being a mod soooo! Good thing i know lots of them!
    Hows bout we start of with the main ones a mod should know for sure!

/co help - Display a list of commands which if you forget some, since there are so many, you can easily find and access.

/co purge <parameters > - Deletes old block data older than 30 days.

/co reload - Reload the configuration file.

/co lookup <parameters> - Advanced look of all the block data a player has. It can be used to see if a player has damaged more than one place.

/co inspect - Toggles the inspector, then you would click wherever the grief occurred and it will tell you the player name then you can message the player (or ban if they have done this before… bad children…). Then you can put their name in and rollback the damage!

/co version - View the plugin version

/jail <username> <time> - Can be used if needed for greifers, spammers, exc!

/unjail <username> - now they are free from jail!

/ban <playername> [reason] - Blacklists the name playername from the server so that they can no longer connect. This is used only after warns.

/tempban <playername><time> - Temporarily bans a player for a certain amount of time. Commonly used if someone is arguing or just as a simple punishment for griefing.

/kick <playername> [reason] - Disconnects player from the server, displaying the reasoning to them. So if they are being bad (let us hope not!) you can kick them and just say “hey dude what’s up with those crazy actions my dude?” so then maybe they can get in their head “i should not do that!”

/co rollback - Rollback blocks. This is used for grief and you can rollback anything that has been ruined.

Ex. /co rollback u:<user> t:<time> r:<radius> a:<action> b:<blocks> e:<exclude>

/co restore <parameters> - Restores block data. This is commonly used to undo a rollback command.

Ex. /co restore u:<user> t:<time> r:<radius> a:<action> b:<blocks> e:<exclude>

Now! Let's go over all the commands within rollback and restore!

u:<user> - Username of which you will rollback
    Ex. u:_AngelHeart

t:<time> - The amount of time you wish to rollback, this includes weeks,days,hours, minutes and seconds.

Ex. t:4w3d5h9m34s

It does not have to be exactly every single time either it can just be

Ex. t:8d7h

r:<radius> - The radius you need to rollback, only used for blocks near you

Ex. r:38

a:<action> - This is used if you only need to look up a certain action

Ex. Use a:+container if you only wanted to rollback items put in chests.
    • a:block -Specifies blocks placed and broken
    • a:+block -Only specifies blocks placed
    • a:-block - Only specifies blocks broken
    • a:click - player interactions
    • a:container - items taken from and put in chests
    • a:+container - items put in chests
    • a:-container - items taken from chests
    • a:kill - mobs and animals killed
    • a:chat - messages sent in chat
    • a:command - commands used
    • a:session - player logins and logouts
    • a:+session - player logins
    • a:-session - player logouts
    • a:username - username changes
    b:<blocks> - rollback a certain block
    Ex. If you want to rollback watermelons you would do b:103
    Or many at once! b:3,6,9

e:<exclude> - This excludes certain blocks from the rollback (as it says)

Ex. If you would not like lava to come back you would do e:10

There are so many more commands out there but these are just some of the main ones used often from my experience!

Will you be responsible, calm, mature, and trustworthy:
    of course! I have always and forever will be responsible, calm, mature, and trustworthy to and for this server.

Temp Ban Grief Consequences
    • 1-20 blocks - The playername will be mailed and warned about the griefing.
    • 21-40 blocks: It mostly depends on how much was ruined. If it was a little it would be a small jailing or and hour temp ban but if it was a lot, say 50, then it could be a full day tempban!
    • 41-70 blocks: Who ever does this much greifing would probably get a week ban, they had to have intentionally did it so a week would give them time to think about their mistakes.
    • 71- 100+ blocks: Anyone who has the nerve to grief this much should be banned permanently(haha), or at the least a long long time
    (These consequences can all be changed by the player that has done the grief. If they have greifed before then it would be a whole new story and will be handled appropriately to this above but not taken the same way. They can be banned if they have greifed excessively before.)

Temp Ban Verbal Consequences

• If someone is using some language that is offending someone to an extent that starts a fight i will /mute <playername> for a good 10 minutes at first and if they continue to fight after i will up it to 30. I will also warn them in the first 10 minutes of why they are muted
    • If someone just joins and starts to cuss everyone out not even jokingly and people start to get upset i will /kick <playername> and give them a reason and if they come back and continue it will be a mute such as the first consequence and keep upping if they do not stop
    • If these two consequences do not change their behavior i will temp ban the verbal aggressors for an hour and so forth if it continues from there (most likely i will not have to do so!)
    • ALL RIGHT IF SOMEONE DOES THIS< for a long time i will warn them about caps but if they continue i will possibly mute for 1-5 minutes
    • And everyone favorite spam!!! If and when this event occurs i will warn them politely to stop and if needed will mute for 1-5 minutes.

Someone's house has been griefed, what do you do?
    If someone has been griefed i would /co inspect it, i would then see the name of the player and warn the player who griefed or if they have already been warned i would tempban them or just full out ban them if they have multiple offences . After i had finished that task i would then /co rollback u:<user> t:<time> r:<radius> a:<action> b:<blocks> e:<exclude> the griefed house and send a kind note to the victim telling them it is all fixed and nice again or if they are on tell them there!

Some users are arguing, what do you do?
    If players are arguing i would ask what the situation is and try to resolve it to the best of my ability and if they continue to argue i would warn them both of being muted and if it does gets out of hand i will follow through and mute or jail them for a few minutes. I can also use /socialspy to see if they are carrying on with the argument then warn them again. If this just keeps continuing i will tempban for the day.

A user is hurling abusive language at you, what do you do?
    If a player is using abusive language to me (if i would care, because abusive words do not phase me. Id probably only do this if i see someone else getting hurt by this) i'd give them a chance and warn them that if they continue i will mute or kick or jail them for however long my consequences fit the event. So if they do not proceed to listen i will do so. I would also try to talk it out with them and find out what they are concerned about to see if i could help cool them down.

Someone enters another person's house without their permission, what do you do?
    If someone enters another person's house without permission i would politely ask them to leave, if they do not do so i would /tp them away from the area and check to see if anything was griefed with inspect then warn them that the next house just ask before entering and if they do not it could be a ban. And if anything is grifed i will rollback and warn them and the victim of the situation.

Thank you so much for your consideration and taking time for looking over here :) i love all of you, truly~ Angel ♥

Last edited: Dec 17, 2017
  3. PicaroRob

PicaroRob Triforce Sage

Your app is incredible, and it's certainly one of the best we've had in a long time, though I would like to direct your grief punishments. 41 - 70 blocks usually doesn't result in a week ban. The way I suggest is by 10s. Forty blocks = 4 days, fifty = 5 days, etc. It's a little harsh, but that's about it.

For now i'll say maybe. So far you've done an amazing job putting yourself out there in the community, especially with being here on your second day, but before anything, we would like you to get involved with the community for a little longer. If you can do that, then i'll change my vote to a definite yes :)

4. _AngelHeart

_AngelHeart Deku Scrub

oh of course! yes I can definitely see its harsh. i didn't realize how little 70 blocks is so yes its a bit much i thought it was more but i just placed them down but yes i can change that! i plan to come on everyday (and have come on every day :) and don't plan to stop) and also i will continue to be involved! thank you for the feedback!

5. TravisTouchdown

TravisTouchdown Dori-Kin

All I can say about this app has already been said, You'll getting a yes from me, too!

6. kenziebrown

kenziebrown Ginger

This good app...

...Ok, but in all seriousness this is a really good app. I love the length and amount of pure detail you put into it. An app this length must have taken quite a while to make! Your punishments seem mostly fair, although I agree with the previous comments made about them. I like also how you actually followed the template and kept the entire thing organized, not to mention you added color! You seem to have studied all of the commands a mod needs in great detail and you include everything you could ever use. Although keep in mind as a mod you probably won't be purging the core protect too much, that's more for admins. Sorry for going all over the place with my analysis, but all in all I'm gonna say this is a good app and you got a chance.

7. Mergu

Mergu Drowning Staff Member

pink and happiness burn my eyes

8. _AngelHeart

_AngelHeart Deku Scrub

i love youUUU

9. _AngelHeart

_AngelHeart Deku Scrub

i just put core protect in there because ive been admin before so :) just added my knowledge

10. LunaEostre

LunaEostre Fated Forerunner

Everything I have to say was pretty much summarized here, so consider this my answer too :p

11. _AngelHeart

_AngelHeart Deku Scrub

thank you Luna :)

12. DCaff95

DCaff95 Triforce Disciple

yea, angel tickles my heart hahaha but yea, excellent app, I'd just like to add, what with everyone talking about punishments. its very dependant on WHAT blocks were broke, if the blocks were semi valuable and a lot were mined, its clear the user's intention was to grief. however, if the user mined only 10-20 blocks and a really big tunnel or crops nearby, if someone does a lookup itll seem like they griefed 100+ blocks! so, whats best is to do /co l u:user a:break t:time r: pretty large radius e:and add common blocks you can mine fast like dirt,stone,cobblestone,grass,sand,gravel,wheat,sugar_cane etc.
    or even when your doing a rollback, stick a --preview at the end and itll show you what the world will look like if you carry out the rollback

13. Mergu

Mergu Drowning Staff Member

Or exclude common blocks like dirt, stone, etc.

That being said, I do want to make sure you know it'll be quite a while before we're able to take you into consideration for this position.

14. _AngelHeart

_AngelHeart Deku Scrub

yea! see i understand all of that, when i was typing up my book of a app i kinda just forgot to add those small details. i understand values have different consequences. that is why i put the little disclaimer too :)

DCaff95 likes this.
  15. _AngelHeart

_AngelHeart Deku Scrub

i respect you decision. As i said to dcaff i understand all of these measures i just forgot to add them because of just putting everything else and its so simple knowledge to me i just skipped over it because then it would go on and on. like dirt- 1 hour diamond exc exc i understand certain blocks are much more valuable, and will be handled as such.

16. DCaff95

DCaff95 Triforce Disciple

yeah thought you'd know, was just giving a heads up to other ppl who were on about punishments haha

17. ayden425

ayden425 @TheMelonGod

Great app! Really! This is phenomenal! A few comments though. Number one: Your ban requirements are a bit strict, maybe tone it down just a bit. Number Two: I have no others. It's a yes from me! (Honestly, this is better than my app and I made mod, I can't see how you won't make it)

Last edited: Jun 29, 2017