Change

A note about Mods

Discussion in 'ZeldaCraft Reports & Ban Appeals' started by DCaff95, Jul 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DCaff95

DCaff95 Triforce Disciple

As many of you know, multiple users were caught using mods to cheat, these mods allowed them to create builds from schematic files, provided they have the materials. I would like to remind all users that mods with such functions and not tolerated here on the server. The only mods permitted to be used are mods which have cosmetic features ONLY. Anyone caught using mods which do not comply with these rules will be punished accordingly. As such, multiple users have been banned and been revoked ranks after their usage of these mods was confirmed. I advise all players to remove any mods that are not strictly for cosmetic use immediately. Our rules will be revised to properly indicate what is and is not allowed.

Beedle, Marshall_Lee, Konata and 8 others like this.
  2. Halt19

Halt19 Hylian Knight

The rules aren't very clear on what is and is not allowed, to be fair. I mean, the only time they mention mods is indirectly (rule #3 at /warp tutorial: "usage of hacks, cheats, or exploits is forbidden"). If we are gonna demote staff and ban users for breaking these rules, could they please be more clear on the matter of what are rules? For that matter, could we have a full set of rules set out in one place? /warp FAQ is listed at spawn, and it doesn't even EXIST...

Tenshi and nasfi like this.
  3. DCaff95

DCaff95 Triforce Disciple

That's what this post is for, to clear any confusion. The rules were listed on the same page as the IP (this has since changed) at faq, and in the spawn quiz

4. Ichikuro

Ichikuro Bow wow. I am dog.

*cues ichis rules*

But really, is it that much common sense that a mod giving you a distinct advantage isn't allowed @Halt19 ??? I figure most people have common sense to understand that

5. Halt19

Halt19 Hylian Knight

Oh, I know. But unfortunately, "It's common sense so we don't need to write it as a rule" assumes that everyone starts on a level playing field in terms of "common sense", as well as a fair point for making potential appeals and retorts. I have a set of rules that I follow because I consider them common sense, but, due to the differences in personalities that make us individual humans, they might not be identical with the sets of rules of other people, and therefore, they might not be identical to the server's unspoken sets of rules. I just think we should make more of an effort with the "rules" part of the server, especially in light of recent events, because if we are going to be demoting and banning players for breaking rules, we should be able to point out that they are rules that they broke. It's just a fine print thing. Also, it would help the new players out. I mean, basically nobody goes to tutorial. Especially not the new players.

6. Mergu

Mergu Drowning Staff Member

Luckily mods that provide an unfair advantage fall under the category of 'cheats', so no common sense is needed.

Marshall_Lee, DCaff95 and Ichikuro like this.
  7. Ichikuro

Ichikuro Bow wow. I am dog.

Didn't realize we needed fine print to let people know "hey, this mod I'm downloading for Minecraft gives me a distinct advantage over other users!" That it was against the rules. Get real man.

DCaff95 and Ms_Orihime like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.