Change

A New Application

Discussion in 'Builder Applications' started by Banned4, Dec 3, 2020.

1. Banned4

Banned4 Banned

I'm DarkLinkArisen, or as most know me, Dark. I joined in early 2018, I live in the U.S. in EST. I have been building for awhile now improving as I go. I have been doing my best to use the advice given to me in my previous application and move away from square builds. I have recently learned I have a talent for Terraforming, as I will show in the screenshots below. I will also attach my other work. I am hoping to contribute to server builds as well as make some bigger, more complex and detailed builds of my own. I am very familiar with WorldEdit, but not nearly as so with VoxelSniper, though I have used it before and know the purpose it serves. I understand that I may not be trusted as of now since I was only unbanned awhile back, but I hope that I show the little skill I have in my builds. Thank you to anyone who takes the time to read this, and I wish you all a (early) Happy Christmas!

Post note, I forgot to mention that the castle wall below is not entirely my own work, I created it with the help of my friend Pidor on another server I play on. We each did equal parts on it so I felt I'd be fine to include it.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 8, 2022
  2. Banned4

Banned4 Banned

Attaching more files here, posted before I attached them all, my bad.

Attached Files:

3. Banned4

Banned4 Banned

And again more images here. I am also including on this reply my WE Examples and Terraforming Examples, those will start at the glowing orb.

Attached Files:

4. DungenMastor

DungenMastor Deku Scrub

I'm going to have to say NO, your builds have come a long way and are starting to look a lot better from your first
    application. The reason for my stance is that your more complex builds lack depth and texture to make them feel immersive to the player. When looking at your posted builds you can easily see what ones have been made using WorldEdit, by the shape and texture variation, yes this is easier but they are very plane and not exciting to look at. The couple terraforming images look very incomplete and unnatural to first glance, please keep in mind its better to give a larger scale for that build type as terraforming is a huge feat that players interact with subconsciously. You have made great strides and a lot of improvements you have a great potential as a builder and I do look forward to building with you in the future so keep your head up high.

Banned4 likes this.
  5. Banned4

Banned4 Banned

Thank you, I would like to say that I didn't intend for the WorldEdited stuff to look natural, they were just examples. How might I go about adding depth/texture? I know that adding 3D elements does that decently, but do you have any other tips?

DungenMastor likes this.
  6. DungenMastor

DungenMastor Deku Scrub

I highly recommend looking at tutorials on youtube, recreating what you see and adding your own unique twist to them. This helps create a sense of style unique too you that you can build upon. (If you ever get builders block going back to the basics, with your starting style also helps pull you out, its a good foundation). If you need any help and I am online feel free to ask I'm more then willing to offer advice and pointers to help fellow players improve upon especially if they are driven to join us ;)