Change

A Dream Chaser's 5th Application

Discussion in 'Mod Applications' started by EmberDarkwood, Jun 2, 2017.

1. EmberDarkwood

EmberDarkwood God of Hyrule

Well here we are two and a half years later. I'm just going to copy and paste the monstrosity I made in a pubescent tangent of some kind and edit it so it isn't cringeworthy.

My Minecraft Username is DrifterEmber, from the incessant Wild ARMs problem of mine. You can call me Ember if you don't already. On another note, I have Asperger's Syndrome and ADHD, but considering it's been about two and a half years since I applied I really don't think I'm going to be as mindful of "being called something other than Ember." Frankly, I don't quite give a damn about the name anymore. I keep it because that's what you all know me as.

I wish to be mod because something like this (the helping portion anyway) gives me a surge of dopamine - for those of you who don't know what that is, it's basically a chemical in your brain that makes you feel good. It's also the reason why drugs and cigarettes are addictive but that's another story/PSA. This server is one of the two I play on and by far the one that gets more attention. I know I'm not on that often, and I've just started getting back on recently, but I'm beginning to get "back" into Minecraft. It's unclear how long this kick will last, or if it'll ever end. One thing is for sure though - I'm ready to go for mod now.

Do I have a good understanding of the commands?
    /tempban mak [time] will temporarily ban mak for however long I put in, such as 1h (hours), 3d (days) , or 5m (minutes).
    /ban horcrux2007 will permanently ban hor... but why the hell would I want to do that?
    /pardon or /unban Beedle will unban Darth, allowing access to ZeldaCraft once again.
    /mute Gamerguy [time] will mute Mergu for however long I put in the time slot.
    /unmute Gamerguy will remove the time Mergu has left on his mute. God help us all.
    /jail CommanderStatic [time] will jail my brother for how much time I decide. Knowing him, it's 5 to 10.
    /unjail CommanderStatic will take him out of jail before his time in jail expires.
    /kick griefer will disconnect griefer from the server, however he can get reconnect. Infallible logic, that.
    /tp Peter allows me to get to Peter without a request.
    /tphere Peter allows Peter to get to my location without a request.
    /co inspect allows me to see who broke blocks at what time and even which day.
    /co rollback u:redsame42 t:[time] r:[radius] allows me to replace the griefed blocks of redsame42 in a torus-esque motion (circular for those unaware).
    /socialspy allows me to spy on all private messages sent recently from everyone, seeing if arguments, threats, and the like are made without everyone seeing. If someone is actually going for some unsavory business they're in for some fun...
    /invsee nasfi will allow me to see the contents nasfi's inventory. It'll have a use someday I'm sure.
    /realname Skyward_Sword_Link will allow me to see Skyward_Sword_Link's username instead of his /nick.
    /fly will give me the ablility of flight. Seriously, that explains itself.
    /weather allows me to change the weather at a whim.

Responsibility, Calmness, Maturity, and Trustworthiness are virtues that I have developed well over these two years, but still can be developed more. Being a mod could help with the development of said virtues.

Griefed house? Let me get my pocketbook and- wait, I don't pay for it?
    Turns out Plankton was griefed. I use /co inspect on a griefed block and see that MrKrabs has broken 25 blocks in a straight line 20 minutes ago. I use /co rollback ulankton t:25m r:25 (just in case) to undo the damage, and do /tempban MrKrabs 3d. Hopefully his money can teach him a lesson.

Let's say Squidward and Patrick are arguing over food. It's amusing at first, but it slowly begins to drip downhill, so I step in, telling them they will be punished if they don't stop. They continue, and when Squidward unleashes profanity. Patrick replied with more of the thirteen bad words. (I guess he's a sailor; I don't know I don't keep up with the show.) I mute them for 5m. After the mute, they're being unusually quiet, so I use /socialspy to see all arguments. Their argument has gone into Private Messages. They're jailed for 10m, and told that tempbans will be handed out after that.

If BillyFishkins hurls abusive language at me, first of all, I would stay calm and ask Billy what was wrong. Turns out Pearl stole his bow, and he was pissed because Pearl left after she stole it. I tell him Pearl will recieve punishment if the bow was stolen. She ends up getting on a couple minutes later, so I use /invsee and use PMs along with private messages from Billy to identify the bow. A bow that matches the description word for word is in her inventory. I tell Pearl that if she didn't hand over the stolen article, she would be tempbanned (20 minutes for each stolen article). She gave it up willingly, and the bow was returned to Billy miraculously unused.

SandyCheeks decided to enter MrsPuff's house without her permission. MrsPuff tells her politely to get out in the chat, so I step in using /tphere MrsPuff. Sandy didn't listen to MrsPuff, but decided to listen to me when I told her punishment will be handed out. When I leave, Sandy reenters. Using /tphere MrsPuff again, I see Sandy has griefed her way in. Since this is her second time entering as well as 2 blocks griefed, she is jailed for 1 hour. After that, she learned her lesson and didn't enter a third time.

The scale has been removed because it was an explicit thing. It stands to reason that the value of blocks should hold at least a little weight in a griefing punishment, because breaking three pieces of dirt isn't the same as breaking three diamond blocks.

I, EmberDarkwood, do solemnly swear that I will uphold the rights of moderator, promote balance in the server, and punish those who dare to defy rules. By that, I uphold ZeldaCraft's version of Chivalry (medieval values aside because I'm not burning any witches), and I submit myself to your comments, moderators.

_MrPorkChop, nasfi and Tenshi like this.
  2. EmberDarkwood

EmberDarkwood God of Hyrule

It hasn't been a whole month per se, but it has been exactly three weeks. I think that's close enough to at least warrant a bump and a "I'm still interested."

Granted, I wouldn't have done this had Makoah not been promoted. I understand that he bumped an app that was months old as well; however if I am to be totally honest I just want feedback, even if it doesn't include a vote.

Also, if I need to reapply you bet I'm going to fix up syntax errors and add /time set [day/night] to that list.

DarkMarshal and Tenshi like this.