Change

_LinkPlayz's Moderator Application

Discussion in 'Mod Applications' started by LinkPlayz, Sep 24, 2015.

1. LinkPlayz

LinkPlayz Deku Scrub

NOTE: I know, I joined the forums around 2 to 3 days ago but, I have been playing on Zelda Craft for at least a month or less, I'm not exactly sure. Just to remind you all. The account (on forums) called _LinkPlayz is mine, but I sent the code to get into the forums to the wrong email. Which I don't know the password to. So LinkPlayz is my main FORUM account. I also have school, but currently it is the holidays so we have 2 weeks off, after the holidays I will not be on as much as I am on in these 2 weeks. Sorry there as so many notes! XD

Your Minecraft username: _LinkPlayz

Why do you want to be mod:
    I would love to be mod because, as you can see my name is _LinkPlayz and I love The Legend of Zelda. I also love this server and I am willing to help as much as I can. When I'm on, I sometimes see people breaking the rules a bit. I am quite tired of seeing that happening, so I want to help it stop! I want to help this server a lot. A lot as in I want it to be one of the top servers! I wish that could happen! I will get as many members on as possible and I will also be nice to them! Mod is also a very special rank so I think that people that are mature should get it. [Not just mature but .. yea more than mature]

Do you have a good understanding of the commands a mod uses:
    To be honest, I don't really but I really want to learn them. I think I know a couple already but they are the really basic ones. I do know /co and that. I know /mute! XD
    /co inspect
    /co rollback u: t: r:
    /co lookup u: t: r:
    /co restore u: t: r:
    /tp, /tpa,/tpahere, /tphere Allows you to tp to the player without a request sent.
    /mute [playername] [time] /unmute [playername] Makes the user to not talk for the amount of time given
    /kick [playername] Kicks the user from the game, they can join back immediately
    /invsee [playername] Allows you to see a players inventory without them noticing.
    /socialspy User can see the /msg the other users are doing.
    /jail [playername] [time] Jails the player for the amount of time given.
    /ban Bans a player [IDK if permanent or not]
    /tempban [playername] [time] Bans a player for the amount of time given.
    /pardon (unban) Unbans the player that has been ban before.
    Is that all? If not please tell me all of them in private message then I can learn more and.. be a better mod :)

Will you be responsible, calm, mature, and trustworthy:
    Yes, I will try my hardest to be mature, calm and responsible. I want myself to be a role model to all the other players that don't have a rank. Also it is a definite yes because all staff members should be nice, mature, calm and trustworthy so YEA! I will be! :D

1 Someones house has been griefed, what do you do?
    I would act immediately,I'd do /tp Link [example] then I would /co inspect and see who griefed. I will also do /co rollback:u t: r: I also would [probably] ban the player for griefing or kick or.. tempban jail etc. But what if they grief 1-10 blocks or 20 blocks? I would ban them for longer if they griefed lets say 50 blocks but if they only griefed 10 I would ban for less time than 50. Depends on the blocks griefed.

2 Some users are arguing, what do you do?
    First, I would tell them to stop. I would calm them both down then, I would also tell them what they are arguing about, then solve the problem. I will try my hardest to calm them both down after the arguing. I would think of jailing them for a minute or more just to calm them down. If they continue after the jail, I probably give them a 2nd warning then /kick them. If continued after that. Instant mute. [Depends on how much abusive words they spit out to me/an other person]

3. A user is hurling abusive language at you, what do you do?
    I would warn them. I would tell them to stop it immediately. If they continue to hurl bad language to me, I would jail them for a few minutes. If they continue after they come out of jail, I would temp ban them for a few minutes (10-30, depends on how much abusive language they say to me]

4 Someone enters another person's house without their permission, what do you do?
    I would tell them to not do it again. If they continue to do it, I will give them a warning. I'll tell them to ask the person if they could come in and look rather than walking straight in. I will do this to everyone who enters someones house, without permission. If they continue and start to loot their chests, I will kick them. If they come back after the kick and continue, I will warn them for the 2nd time. If continued. I will /tempban or /jail.

I'm also going to tell you a reason why I want to be Mod.
    First off, I love playing LoZ and Nintendo, which makes me LOVE this server! This server is exactly like the real game and whenever I'm bored. I go straight on Zelda Craft. Zelda Craft is a server that I really enjoy playing on, which made my make this staff application. I really really really want to help this server grow into a big one. I also can help a lot of people through dungeons if they are stuck, as I have completed at least 3 of the hard ones. (Doesn't sound much but, I think its alright XD) I have played with some awesome people, such as Princess_Zelda, which helped me with heaps. I want to be exactly like her, and help the server out as much as I can.

Anyways, Thank you for reading my application and good luck to you guys that applied to! Thanks!
    -_LinkPlayz :l-lol::l-lol::link::link:

P.S. Please don't reply/comment
    mean stuff about this application. Comment stuff that I should add or stuff I should work on. Also if this is too short please tell me what else I should add. Don't need to send me a paragraph of what I need to add just send me a couple of sentences. Thanks for reading and.. yea bye!
    Cheers to all the Links out there :cool::l-lol:;):link:

Last edited: Sep 24, 2015
    Blue_MoonWolf likes this.
  2. GreyCollared

GreyCollared Ancient Sage

This is definitely refreshing to see an app created this well, and your attitude in general would just seem to be pretty good and on track, but to be honest I haven't seen much of you at all in chat, and I honestly don't know you at all outside of this app and seeing you log in. I think another month at least would get you in a better standing, and in that time its most important that you get to know everyone better, as we can't really promote someone the community doesn't know. I recommend applying for trusted soon, as most people see that as a step between default and mod.

Also, no big deal really but we don't ever really permanently mute anyone (refering to question 2). I didn't get the fealing you meant that, but might as well get that out of the way. Other than that, /tempban handles all but permanent bans and it would be good to see what exactly you think is fair as far as grief punishment. I would reccomend making a chart for your next app of this general form:

1-10 blocks: (punishment)
    10-30 blocks: (other punishment)
    and so on... Fair warning though, generally permanent bans happen at about 100 blocks on this server.

3. LinkPlayz

LinkPlayz Deku Scrub

Thanks for the feedback, I will be going on ZeldaCraft a lot more. But it is quite hard because my time zone is pretty different to others. I will try to be on as much as possible. I will apply for trusted soon, maybe in about a month or two when I get to know a lot of people on Zelda Craft.

GreyCollared likes this.
  4. KxWarrior

KxWarrior Wot r u dern in mah swemph

Pretty much what Grey said. It's nice to see an application of this formality.

Thank god there are people like you still kicking around ^-^