Change

01Zeldagirl's One and Only Mod App

Discussion in 'Mod Applications' started by Zeldagirl01, Sep 22, 2021.

1. Zeldagirl01

Zeldagirl01 Deku Scrub

Hi everyone,

This is my ?? Mod Application here as you all know, lol. I've been gone for a very long time, notably my entire High School career as I navigated that insane time of my life. I've missed ZeldaCraft and everyone who I met throughout all these 9 years and I'm happy to be back on regularly, regardless of my rank. But, I do feel that with my previous mod knowledge and new skills I've learned in Programming and Game Design that I'd be able to add a lot to the community / server itself. Now back to your regularly scheduled Mod App template :)

Username: 01Zeldagirl

Time Zone: EST

Discord: 01Zeldagirl#7493

Why do you want to be a mod?: I already answered this a little in my introduction, but I love ZeldaCraft and the people who play on it, and all the fun/silly interactions we all share. I want to use the skills I've learned between my first years on the server and now to improve it and help maintain the peace however I can

Do you have a good understanding of the commands a mod uses?: I definitely do, between being a Mod and SMod previously on ZeldaCraft, and a few other servers I've hosted and run myself, I've become very familiar with the base administrative Minecraft commands, CoreProtect, and WorldEdit. To name a few commands, /jail username jail time (in seconds), /ban player, /tempban player time (in seconds), /co inspect and /co rollback u: (user) t: (time) r: (radius) a: (action) b: (blocks) from CoreProtect, and //wand, //pos1 and //pos2, //set, //replace, from WorldEdit

1. Someone's house has been grieved, what do you do?: If someone's house was grieved, I would teleport to them and /co inspect the damage. I would take note of the player(s) who did the damage, and punish them according to severity. For example, for a tiny first time offender, I would likely just give a warning. For larger griefs and/or repeat offenders, I would temporarily ban them to a time fitting for their repeated malfeasance or severity. I would then alert the other staff of a ban, and discuss the player to determine if more or less time is needed in the situation.

2. Some users are arguing, what do you do?: I would warn the users to be kind to one another and remind them of the server rules, and attempt to act as a mediator for their conflict if possible, offering any solutions that could resolve their conflict and leave them both happy. If arguing continued and hurtful language ensued, I would continue on to mute the offenders.
    3. A user is hurling abusive language at you, what do you do?: As always, I would start with a warning (unless slurs are being used - in which case I would likely start with a tempban if not a permaban, depending on severity/situation) and remind them that players need to respect each other and treat each other with kindness on this server. If the user continued, I would start with a mute, then onto a jail and so forth depending on the behavior and severity.

4. Someone enters another person's house without their permission, what do you do?: I would talk to the intruding player and remind them of the rules, and warn them that intruding onto another's home without permission falls under griefing and isn't allowed. Again, if they continued I would jail them for a relatively short time, and then likely move up to tempbans if they persist.

I know I really have only just returned, so I would like to prove my activity and dedication to the server by continuing to log on and play with everyone for a while still, but I wanted to share my intent to return to helping ZeldaCraft and contribute to the incredible server and community the staff has been fostering for many years now. My hope is to someday contribute to ZeldaCraft's bloom into a new "Golden Age" as some may call it, using new skills I've learned in programming and design as well as my "older" skills in moderation.

Thank you all for taking the time to read yet another of my applications ;) <3

2. ismart22

ismart22 Hylian Citizen

Welcome back and good luck!